Newton Chambers Pageant

Does anyone working at Newton Chambers in 1947 remember the Pageant celebrating the Firms 150 years, it was at Sheffield City Hall , it was produced by L Du Guarde Peach and being apprentices we played various bit parts I suppose just filling the stage up.

I was living in Hoyland at the time and recall being picked up by Bus to be taken to Rehearsals in the evenings.

A few weeks after, a dinner was held at The Cutlers Hall for everyone who took part in the Pageant and I remember me and a friend Clive Marsden being Introduced as we entered the Hall

Gordon England (Scarborough)

Does anyone working at Newton Chambers in 1947 remember the Pageant celebrating the Firms 150 years, it was at Sheffield City Hall , it was produced by L Du Guarde Peach and being apprentices we played various bit parts I suppose just filling the stage up.

I was living in Hoyland at the time and recall being picked up by Bus to be taken to Rehearsals in the evenings.

A few weeks after, a dinner was held at The Cutlers Hall for everyone who took part in the Pageant and I remember me and a friend Clive Marsden being Introduced as we entered the Hall

Gordon England (Scarborough)

Don't remember the pageant, I would have only been2 years old, but I am curious about your friend Clive Marsden. I worked for someone by that name at Wharncliffe Fabricators, in Ecclesfield, early 70's, he was the plant manager. I do know he came from the Barnsley area, he would often have a pint with me some other lads on his way home at the wagon and horses in Chapeltown. His son was also called Clive and also worked at the same company.