Road names changes/mistakes?

I assume you mean google / street atlas. Well they are wrong, the correct road name is Onksley

This has been confirmed with SCC street naming dept

There are lots of roads where the road name isnt what you think it is, i.e. Meadow Head in the area Meadowhead

---------- Post added 29-05-2015 at 11:27 ----------

You need to look and see where the postcode changes

It appears to change on the sharp bend half up......

I assume you mean google / street atlas. Well they are wrong, the correct road name is Onksley

This has been confirmed with SCC street naming dept

There are lots of roads where the road name isnt what you think it is, i.e. Meadow Head in the area Meadowhead

---------- Post added 29-05-2015 at 11:27 ----------

You need to look and see where the postcode changes

Strangely enough Old Ronksley Farm is on Onksley Lane and neither Ronksley Lane nor Onksley Lane appears in the Electoral Register. The farm's address is simply Hollow Meadows.

As to the jibe about Lodge Lane the top end is in S10 and the bottom end is in S6 so if the signs had indeed read S10 at the bottom and S6 at the top then they were wrong.

As to the jibe about Lodge Lane the top end is in S10 and the bottom end is in S6 so if the signs had indeed read S10 at the bottom and S6 at the top then they were wrong.

Its as though the new signs were replaced referring to a very small plan with difficult to read diagrams on it (are you reading this Simon/Nick?), I guess the guys just grabbed 4 new signs and erected them on the road where the drawing showed

Worth mentioning that the only sign at the entrance of Jew Lane, the small alleyway off Fitzalan Square, went missing around 6 years ago and has never been replaced. Few know of this small but historic street, and it has often been left in a disgraceful condition strewn with litter and blocked by wheelie-bins from the shops either side. As it is a public right of way, the Council should please note, it needs tidying up and better lighting, maybe some artwork or mural at the bottom entrance near Ponds Forge.

Worth mentioning that the only sign at the entrance of Jew Lane, the small alleyway off Fitzalan Square, went missing around 6 years ago and has never been replaced. Few know of this small but historic street, and it has often been left in a disgraceful condition strewn with litter and blocked by wheelie-bins from the shops either side. As it is a public right of way, the Council should please note, it needs tidying up and better lighting, maybe some artwork or mural at the bottom entrance near Ponds Forge.

If you want the council to take note then contact them on 0114 2734567 or one of the relevant councillors. Posting a random note on a forum will not get their attention.