Dear LGBTQA..a genuine request..

Not controversial, just the link you make between equal rights campaigns and 'failures' doesn't make sense

So your assertion is that all equal rights campaigns are inevitably successful and positive in outcome?

Perhaps you would consider the Arab spring?

I still wonder why the simple term homosexual and lesbian are not used.

Why introduce and change the meaning of another word ?

I believe the word gay was used by homosexuals to describe themselves because the letters G A Y could be used to say Good As You.

from what I learnt gay comes from joyful>carefree>promiscuous. Gay was used to describe straight lotharios long before homosexual ones.

Which will not be an accurate description of all homosexual people.

By using the term straight to describe hetrosexuals infers an homosexual is bent.

Whereas if the correct term homosexual is used it has no connotations, just a straightforward description.

By using the term straight to describe hetrosexuals infers an homosexual is bent.

Whereas if the correct term homosexual is used it has no connotations, just a straightforward description.

Oh for gods sake does it matter?

Alan Turing was gay, without him we would have lost the war, Michelangelo was gay without him the Cistene chapel would have had two coats of egg shell.

Alexander the Great was gay, make a list, put every famous gay person on it, write down their achievements, their sexuality is never the most important thing about them.

Vive Le Difference.

So your assertion is that all equal rights campaigns are inevitably successful and positive in outcome?

Perhaps you would consider the Arab spring?

No, that's not my assertion.

I feel you failed to justify your position that LGBT equality campaigns will have negative consequenses.

ffs, really?

It's not going to be an accurate description of any person, nothing ever is.

Why is the opposite of straight bent? why couldn't you have said circle?

They're just generic terms to get the point across without using eighteen million words. It was a potted history of a words evolution not an all encompassing history of a species ability to take offense over nothing.

No, that's not my assertion.

I feel you failed to justify your position that LGBT equality campaigns will have negative consequenses.

Whats not your assertion?

My position is not that LGBT campaign WILL have negative consequences, it is that it MAY have negative consequences, I give examples (above) of where such movements can lead and have lead in the past.