Dear LGBTQA..a genuine request..

Whats not your assertion?

My position is not that LGBT campaign WILL have negative consequences, it is that it MAY have negative consequences, I give examples (above) of where such movements can lead and have lead in the past.

But the examples make no sense. How are they even connected?

But the examples make no sense. How are they even connected?

I think I have explained how I link these issues earlier. But will try again.

The sexual revolution in the 60s lead to further liberalization, and depending on your political standpoint these liberalizations can be considered good and bad.

Compared to the period before about 1960+ what has happened since includes, decriminalization of homosexuality, the fact that to have sex and for a woman to have a child outside wedlock, is no longer a "shameful" situation. Women now work, few married women worked before this time.

On the other hand this liberty exemplified in the expression "do your own thing" can actually be compared to the expression " every man for himself" meaning that in business and the world of work, profit is paramount, some employers earn 500 times what their employees earn. This would have been considered immoral pre the sexual revolution and its subsequent liberalization.

The press were far more restrained, you would rarely if ever read anything critical about the Royal family, or politicians or indeed celebrities, this has changed to the extent that legislation is proposed to regulate the press.

My overall point is, be careful what you wish or campaign for, sometimes there are unforseen consequences.

I think I have explained how I link these issues earlier. But will try again.

The sexual revolution in the 60s lead to further liberalization, and depending on your political standpoint these liberalizations can be considered good and bad.

Compared to the period before about 1960+ what has happened since includes, decriminalization of homosexuality, the fact that to have sex and for a woman to have a child outside wedlock, is no longer a "shameful" situation. Women now work, few married women worked before this time.

On the other hand this liberty exemplified in the expression "do your own thing" can actually be compared to the expression " every man for himself" meaning that in business and the world of work, profit is paramount, some employers earn 500 times what their employees earn. This would have been considered immoral pre the sexual revolution and its subsequent liberalization.

The press were far more restrained, you would rarely if ever read anything critical about the Royal family, or politicians or indeed celebrities, this has changed to the extent that legislation is proposed to regulate the press.

My overall point is, be careful what you wish or campaign for, sometimes there are unforseen consequences.

My bold, How do you come to the conclusion that's corelated to sexual liberty?

Please read earlier contributions and attempt to read in context. (Which is more than most seem capable of).

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 14:55 ----------

That you were arrogant and condescending towards a female? True.

Yes 'dear'. :D

Actually I need co lessons in politeness or correctness from a person who refers to anyone who happens to espouse different political beliefs as "rimmers".

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 14:56 ----------

That you were arrogant and condescending towards a female? True.

Yes 'dear'. :D

Dear needs a capital letter. Two words and bad grammar, oh dear. (Dear).

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 14:57 ----------

Sorry misread your contribution.

My position is that the sexual revolution of the 60s lead to a general liberalization as described.

Ref replies to my post.

I was asking why the correct term was not used.

I was not criticising anyone for being homosexual or homosexuality.

Why not answer the simple question without answering as though you were being criticised or attacked ?