Worlds largest land owner

You mean Old Queenie lied to us?
Do you understand the difference between the Crown and the Queen?

Seemingly not

In passing, it's a bit rich that a French person (republican by definition) should correct you about that :rolleyes:

Most funny that you actually had it correct the first time (when you meant to jibe, quite clearly):

No, we own Windsor, us the public. I know we do because she said we do that time it burnt down. Yeah, its the nations palace she said.

Do you understand the difference between the Crown and the Queen?

Seemingly not

In passing, it's a bit rich that a French person (republican by definition) should correct you about that :rolleyes:

Most funny that you actually had it correct the first time (when you meant to jibe, quite clearly):

I hate to burst your bubble but yes, i do know. I also know that Liz made several TV appearances after the fire to tell us all its our house. I remember thinking at the time, I should move in and make myself at home. Its a big place with plenty of rooms and not all were fire damaged.

---------- Post added 28-05-2015 at 15:48 ----------

In what way did she lie to you?

She came on the telly and said Windsor castle is your house, the nations house. Looking back i think she was just looking for help with paying the builders and settling her Farrow And Ball account

She came on the telly and said Windsor castle is your house, the nations house. Looking back i think she was just looking for help with paying the builders and settling her Farrow And Ball account

So she didn't lie to you then. Thanks for clearing that up.

I hate to burst your bubble but yes, i do know.
Really?? :hihi:

I also know that Liz made several TV appearances after the fire to tell us all its our house. I remember thinking at the time, I should move in and make myself at home. Its a big place with plenty of rooms and not all were fire damaged.
Ah, there's the problem: you're mistaking the Crown's estate with your estate.

Just the same as you mistook the Crown's estate with the Queen's.

The Crown owns 1/6th of the Worlds land surface. In the countries where the Crown owns the land, people are free to purchase tenancies with rights over the land, known as freehold tenancies. A person with these rights is a freehold tenant. They can be thrown off of the land, but if this happens they will normally be compensated.

Contrast that with China, where there are 'nail houses' that arise from people refusing to move.

To think that most people in this country aspire to be mere tenants and often spend their entire life working to become a mere tenant is worrying. No wonder we live in a rentier economy and have slavery via rent, fiefdoms even.

The Crown owns 1/6th of the Worlds land surface. In the countries where the Crown owns the land, people are free to purchase tenancies with rights over the land, known as freehold tenancies. A person with these rights is a freehold tenant. They can be thrown off of the land, but if this happens they will normally be compensated.

Contrast that with China, where there are 'nail houses' that arise from people refusing to move.

To think that most people in this country aspire to be mere tenants and often spend their entire life working to become a mere tenant is worrying. No wonder we live in a rentier economy and have slavery via rent, fiefdoms even.

My understanding of this is that it is all owned by the UK population and managed on out behalf.

The Crown Estate belongs to the reigning monarch 'in right of The Crown', that is, it is owned by the monarch for the duration of their reign, by virtue of their accession to the throne. But it is not the private property of the monarch - it cannot be sold by the monarch, nor do revenues from it belong to the monarch.

The Government also does not own The Crown Estate. It is managed by an independent organisation - established by statute - headed by a Board (also known as The Crown Estate Commissioners), and the surplus revenue from the estate is paid each year to the Treasury for the benefit of all UK taxpayers.

To explain further, one analogy that could be used is that The Crown Estate is the property equivalent of the Crown jewels - part of the national heritage and held by Her Majesty The Queen as sovereign, but not available for her private use.