Are the BBC scraping the barrel with this programme?

No it produces great shows too like Doctor Who and Sherlock are classics.

As for this show TV companies get slammed for making shows like benefit street now they are focusing on working people they get slammed again. They cant win. People who object need to learn where the off button is.

The TV has an OFF button as well????? I may try it.

No it produces great shows too like Doctor Who and Sherlock are classics.

As for this show TV companies get slammed for making shows like benefit street now they are focusing on working people they get slammed again. They cant win. People who object need to learn where the off button is.

I agree that the BBC does produce some very good programmes, films and it also produces some very good radio as well.

I have no problem with the plurality of programming - that is one of the BBCs strengths - people can discover different programmes, not just stay stuck in one type of programme.

When you say "TV companies get slammed for making shows like benefit street now they are focusing on working people they get slammed again". It's possible to make programmes about working people, and those on benefits without humiliating them, or turning working people against one another like some Roman Coliseum. The tone is as important as the content.

I believe a high court judge has already slammed the Jeremy Kyle show as like 'bear baiting' after one of the 'guests' turned up at his court.

I think everyone here agrees.

---------- Post added 29-05-2015 at 07:49 ----------

Except you of course

I like to be different. I also shouldnt post when im half cut as i did last night

Again!!

A BBC programme will pit low-paid against each other in Hunger Games-style show to find Britain's Hardest Grafter. Only the UK’s lowest-paid workers will be invited to compete to “show their worth” in the reality show.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bbc-to-pit-lowpaid-against-each-other-in-hunger-gamesstyle-show-to-find-britains-hardest-grafter-10279386.html

However the programme makers claim “Britain's Hardest Grafter is a serious social experiment for BBC Two which investigates just how hard people in the low wage economy work".

We'll see.

I used to be a supporter of the BBC, and its mission to enlighten and educate. If this programme is about humiliating people, and laughing about their desperate plight, the public will rightly view the BBC as a vehicle for talentless programme makers to wallow in the lowest common denominator.

As someone said in response to the original article:

"There was a time when the BBC would educate viewers about life on the breadline. Now it wants to turn it into vulgar entertainment".

If people dont like a programme , dont watch it . Simples.

Turn the telly over. :roll:

If people dont like a programme , dont watch it . Simples.

Turn the telly over. :roll:

That's fair enough - but a superficial answer nonetheless.

Britain's Hardest Grafter will join other television shows like the BBC's notorious 'White' season. Stung by the criticism that television just represented middle classes and their metropolitan ideals, the BBC commissioned a series of programmes over a week long which ended up depicting members of the white working class as feckless, racist, stupid and resentful. Programmes like this feed back into the national consciousness & reinforce stereotypes. As a low paid worker who pays his licence fee, like millions of others, I've got a vested interest in this.

This programme is being screened when the government is wanting to cut at least £12billion from the social security bill. Therefore the question needs to be asked is this programme part of the softening up process?

If the programme makers wanted to engage in "a serious social experiment for BBC2 which investigates just how hard people in the low wage economy work" Why not go and film some of them at work, undercover if need be, then we'd find out? No that would be too boring wouldn't it, and too much like hard work. Much better to show someone already struggling with poverty and desperation then made to feel much worse by being rejected by a bunch of assessors who presumably are infinitely better off and more comfortable? Yes, that should do wonders for morale and self esteem.

:roll:

Wasn't it Alan Partrige who came up with a TV show idea that consisted of drawing a large white circle in a pub car park.

At closing time tell all the drunks to go in the circle and throw everyone out. The last one remaining wins the title of Hardest Man.