VIP paedophile ring

Who else might be responsible? Ooo, let's think, maybe one of the thousands of people working there or maybe even the men on the Pickfords van? If you think that the Home Secretary is responsible for safekeeping of millions of files you probably think that he does his own typing too. :roll:

It would be VERY naive of someone to think that files so damaging or highly sensitive would have gone through the fingers of thousands of pen pushers within Whitehall, let alone Pickfords employees.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jul/22/leon-brittan-westminster-child-abuse-files

I really do think it's about time you do some research of your own before making a bigger fool of yourself.

You are claiming that article says that Leon Brittan personally destroyed incriminating files sometime between their creation in Whitehall in 1986 and a search by the Home Office of their latest home in the National Archives in 2015 that turned up lots of other potentially incriminating documents.

Don't take this the wrong way but you sound a bit of a fool yourself. You're inventing your own personal version of events to fit what you want to see for whatever reason. You're suffering from confirmation bias. Please don't let it become paranoia.

---------- Post added 18-10-2015 at 08:01 ----------

It would be VERY naive of someone to think that files so damaging or highly sensitive would have gone through the fingers of thousands of pen pushers within Whitehall, let alone Pickfords employees.

The Home Office deals in highly sensitive, it is their job. Pickford's move sensitive papers, it is their job.

Methinks you're the naive one for thinking that it's like a James Bond movie. If you spend time around civil servants you'll realise it's a bit more like a carry on film.

You are claiming that article says that Leon Brittan personally destroyed incriminating files sometime between their creation in Whitehall in 1986 and a search by the Home Office of their latest home in the National Archives in 2015 that turned up lots of other potentially incriminating documents.

Don't take this the wrong way but you sound a bit of a fool yourself. You're inventing your own personal version of events to fit what you want to see for whatever reason. You're suffering from confirmation bias. Please don't let it become paranoia.

---------- Post added 18-10-2015 at 08:01 ----------

The Home Office deals in highly sensitive, it is their job. Pickford's move sensitive papers, it is their job.

Methinks you're the naive one for thinking that it's like a James Bond movie. If you spend time around civil servants you'll realise it's a bit more like a carry on film.

I was asked for a link to back up this 'lie.'

I supplied it. It was perfectly clear.

Geoffrey Dickens MP personally put these files into the actual hands of Leon Brittan. Never to be seen again.

I think that one of the problems with all this noise being generated on both sides of an argument that should actually concentrate on providing evidence to the police who can then investigate any claims - is that none of us know what has gone on. I don't - not am I going to place much reliance on newspaper reports either- An mp gave a dossier to another person - many years later said dossier has not been found -

From that I take nothing save that a file in which allegations were presumably made (I am staggered a copy was not made) has been lost - I don't jump to any conclusions based on speculation and guesswork. That is not evidence you see.

Review of thread is complete.

Let me be perfectly clear that attacking other members is not tolerated. I will unlock the thread shortly to give you time for this to sink in. Any further issues and the thread will be closed.

Noticed on tonight's news that although we were able to hear every word the police spokesperson said, everything that Tom Watson said was talked over so you couldn't hear him.

He also apologised to the family of Leon Britton, which was heard clearly. His next word was 'but' - then the item was cut mid sentence.

I was interested to hear what he had to say, but didn't get the chance. This was ITV news, was it the same on the BBC?

---------- Post added 21-10-2015 at 23:50 ----------

It appears that a file which was part of the 'Dickens Dossier' is now being investigated by the police:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34597750

Glad to see one of the MP Geoffrey Dickens Dossiers from the 1980's is being investigated at last.

Only 30 years too late.

Noticed on tonight's news that although we were able to hear every word the police spokesperson said, everything that Tom Watson said was talked over so you couldn't hear him.

He also apologised to the family of Leon Britton, which was heard clearly. His next word was 'but' - then the item was cut mid sentence.

I was interested to hear what he had to say, but didn't get the chance. This was ITV news, was it the same on the BBC?

---------- Post added 21-10-2015 at 23:50 ----------

Glad to see one of the MP Geoffrey Dickens Dossiers from the 1980's is being investigated at last.

Only 30 years too late.

The case was quite heavily featured on Have I Got News For You where Tom Watson's involvement was held in total contempt. They portrayed him as someone who likes to shout "pedo" to enhance his political profile.

The case was quite heavily featured on Have I Got News For You where Tom Watson's involvement was held in total contempt. They portrayed him as someone who likes to shout "pedo" to enhance his political profile.

Perhaps you prefer the BBC's silent approach?