VIP paedophile ring

Why would it be impossible to bring the evidence to court?

Exxon - please tell us? Point me in the direction of the legal basis for such an assertion. Not a wiki link - try a piece of legislation maybe or a decision of the court of appeal or the Supreme Court.

You are blinded by your distaste for a politician. Is that because of his party perchance ?

If I may step in I think the issue is about the credibility of the witnesses and reliability of their statements.

The politician appears to have based his proclamations on what he was told without testing its reliability.

Panorama tested the evidence and found it wanting and unreliable.

If I may step in I think the issue is about the credibility of the witnesses and reliability of their statements.

The politician appears to have based his proclamations on what he was told without testing its reliability.

Panorama tested the evidence and found it wanting and unreliable.

Which is why Tom Watson was hauled before the Commons Select Committee and asked to explain himself.

I don't.

But you can tell the ones who do.

At a guess, that will be the sheeple, which you aren't one of, but we are. What suckers you must think we are.

And yet, you believe Tom Watson is full of unselfish honour and truth in the week he's being mocked as an idiot by Hislop and Merton on Have I Got News For You. The last time he was on HIGNFY it was about his expenses, being mocked by of all people, Rolf Harris. Do you think he's still feeling sore as well as well fed?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-FSxGkko1c

So Leon Brittan is guilty by innuendo?

As there is no evidence this must be the case.

The strangest fact about this case is that ALL the people accused are conservatives. It seems clear that Tom Watson had an axe to grind.

Most of the cases against Leon Britton are still ongoing. Whether that will continue now he's dead I don't know.

As all the different cases against various MPs (73 different MPs at the last count) and other high profile figures are still ongoing, who knows if Leon Britton's name will crop up again.

Are all the MPs Conservative? How do you know? Very few of the names have been released. Certainly not by Tom Watson.

Which is why Tom Watson was hauled before the Commons Select Committee and asked to explain himself.

If you remember Leon Britton was also hauled before the Commons Select Committee in 2013 to explain how he managed to lose 100+ files all relating to VIP child sex abuse.

He pleaded loss of memory.

---------- Post added 23-10-2015 at 17:44 ----------

Just as a matter of interest why did he only denounce mr. Britton ?

He was acting on behalf of 'Jane' a woman who claimed Leon Britton had raped her.

Among the many cases filed against Leon Britton, her case wasn't being investigated.

He wanted to know why. That's basically all there is to it.

Edited by Anna B

If you remember Leon Britton was also hauled before the Commons Select Committee in 2013 to explain how he managed to lose 100+ files all relating to VIP child sex abuse.

He pleaded loss of memory

Or in the real world to discuss some files that might have disappeared during a 20 year period after Britton had left the home office. Facts can make a difference. You should try sticking to them some time.

---------- Post added 23-10-2015 at 17:52 ----------

He was acting on behalf of 'Jane' a woman who claimed Leon Britton had raped her.

Among the many cases filed against Leon Britton, her case wasn't being investigated.

He wanted to know why.

And of course the answer was because it had been investigated and there was no case to answer.

Edited by exxon

And of course the answer was because it had been investigated and there was no case to answer.

Quite right. So Tom Watson was just doing his job, as were the police. There was no reason to call him a 'fat moron' or anything else was there?

If you read back, that is what this part of this thread is about.

Why is the media so keen to try and discredit Tom Watson.

At a guess, that will be the sheeple, which you aren't one of, but we are. What suckers you must think we are.

And yet, you believe Tom Watson is full of unselfish honour and truth in the week he's being mocked as an idiot by Hislop and Merton on Have I Got News For You. The last time he was on HIGNFY it was about his expenses, being mocked by of all people, Rolf Harris. Do you think he's still feeling sore as well as well fed?

Are you referring to Rolf or Tom here, it's unclear?

And yet, you believe Tom Watson is full of unselfish honour and truth in the week he's being mocked as an idiot by Hislop and Merton on Have I Got News For You. The last time he was on HIGNFY it was about his expenses, being mocked by of all people, Rolf Harris. Do you think he's still feeling sore as well as well fed?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-FSxGkko1c

Although Hislop, who is a panellist on HIGNFY, is also the editor of Private Eye, which made a number of references to paedophiles in the establishment at the time, Sir Peter Morrison among them.