VIP paedophile ring

the first one to spring to mind is Freddie Star . unfounded allegations and career ruined

---------- Post added 13-10-2015 at 23:39 ----------

bullseye, give this man a cigar

Watson got involved in the VIP paedophile cases when he was just a back bench MP. It has nothing to do with furthering his career, in fact most MPs wouldn't go near it. Every MP who has got involved in the past has had their career ruined.

---------- Post added 14-10-2015 at 02:02 ----------

Who's lives have been ruined?

1,400 child victims.

Alleged victims

It is and will always remain the easiest allegation to make and in the case of non recent allegations often the hardest to disprove

Oh except in the case of Jimmy Tarbuck who was arrested on the basis of an alleged incident that took place on the set of Top of the Pops in 1963 - save the police didn't even bother to check when the programme actually started - 1964 -before they locked him up and told the press.

Alleged victims

It is and will always remain the easiest allegation to make and in the case of non recent allegations often the hardest to disprove

Oh except in the case of Jimmy Tarbuck who was arrested on the basis of an alleged incident that took place on the set of Top of the Pops in 1963 - save the police didn't even bother to check when the programme actually started - 1964 -before they locked him up and told the press.

Your post makes zero sense. It's based on fallacy.

You can't be suggesting that because some allegations do not result in prosecutions that all allegations are baseless can you? And should not be investigated?

It's not the easiest allegation to make as we can evidently see. It has taken decades for some rapists and abusers to be brought to justice, and there is really only a couple of categories that have been subject to investigations and proceeding so far, mainly those in the entertainment business. Politicians have been practically untouchable so far and it seems we often have to wait for them to die before their crimes are revealed - look how difficult it has been to get Janner charged.

There are 29 ongoing IPCC investigations into the past conduct of the police.

I would say its possibly one of the most difficult allegations to make. And possibly the people who have been abused are amongst the most challenging to help - as adults they are often very damaged and fragile.

1,400 child victims.

has he accused brittain of blacking up and roaming the takeaways of rotherham now?

---------- Post added 14-10-2015 at 08:45 ----------

Watson got involved in the VIP paedophile cases when he was just a back bench MP. It has nothing to do with furthering his career, in fact most MPs wouldn't go near it. Every MP who has got involved in the past has had their career ruined..

and hopefully his own. :thumbsup:

Your post makes zero sense. It's based on fallacy.

You can't be suggesting that because some allegations do not result in prosecutions that all allegations are baseless can you? And should not be investigated?

You must have trouble reading pal - where have I suggested anything like that?

I have simply observed that it would help both the alleged victims and those accused if there was some basic investigation before the dawn raid accompanied by the righteous press. How would you like it on the day of your trial to discover that it appears a complain having been made against a celeb has been shelved on the basis the complaint can't have been correct.

We dont need you pious spouting either as to the vulnerability of the victims the reasons why many of the allegations are made very late is a direct consequence of the abuse - when you have had some experience of this and sought to have the complaints heard you can talk about it as opposed to spinning it.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

You must have trouble reading pal - where have I suggested anything like that?

I have simply observed that it would help both the alleged victims and those accused if there was some basic investigation before the dawn raid accompanied by the righteous press.

I agree with this completely. Look at Cliff Richards. The press were told his house was going to raided before the raid began! It was clearly an attempt by SYP to gain column inches praising them and that just isn't on, regardless of whether he subsequently found guilty or not.

The reason why I'm fair more on the fence with Watson is that there was lots of indicators that any allegation into a politician would be ignored and hidden away, so perhaps he felt it was required to highlight media attention. From what I have seen of Watson is that he'd rather end his own career than shy away from something he believes in, and this time he may have just done that.

Watson got involved in the VIP paedophile cases when he was just a back bench MP. It has nothing to do with furthering his career

Please list who Watson has named in public. When you have done that we can have a look t if he's done it to further the career of Tom Never Heard Of Him Before This Watson's political career.

We'll wait for you to get that list.

Please list who Watson has named in public. When you have done that we can have a look t if he's done it to further the career of Tom Never Heard Of Him Before This Watson's political career.

We'll wait for you to get that list.

What list are you referring to? (or what post?)

I see that Mayoral hopeful Zac Goldsmith is also coming under pressure from various quarters to withdraw various allegations of sex abuse of children by members of the establishment at Elm House, which is in his constituency.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/14/zac-goldsmith-urged-to-withdraw-paedophile-ring-allegations

---------- Post added 14-10-2015 at 18:00 ----------

I agree with this completely. Look at Cliff Richards. The press were told his house was going to raided before the raid began! It was clearly an attempt by SYP to gain column inches praising them and that just isn't on, regardless of whether he subsequently found guilty or not.

The reason why I'm fair more on the fence with Watson is that there was lots of indicators that any allegation into a politician would be ignored and hidden away, so perhaps he felt it was required to highlight media attention. From what I have seen of Watson is that he'd rather end his own career than shy away from something he believes in, and this time he may have just done that.

Quite - he led the charge in Parliament against the Murdoch press. If he was so concerned about his own career, he'd have been sucking up to Rebekah Brooks, Murdoch & their cronies.