VIP paedophile ring

Rubbish. You've bought the farm so much that you don't care about extra judicial activities which actually harm investigation just so long as The Establishment are getting it in the neck.

Where's Watson in Rotherham?

You have to make up your mind whether you want Watson to shut up or you want him to become some all action hero combatting child abuse in all areas of the country.

You can't have it both ways.

---------- Post added 17-10-2015 at 10:58 ----------

So how did Tom Watson get involved?

People go to him with allegations. He passes therm on. He keeps an eye on things to make sure the authorities are behaving appropriately.

I don't want it either way. I contend that Watson is interested in the politics more than the allegations.

He is doing his job as a politician. Tory Zac Goldsmith is in a similar position, and also doing his bit as are other politicians of various hues, so this is totally cross party and nothing to do with Labour / Conservative point scoring.

He is doing his job as a politician. Tory Zac Goldsmith is in a similar position, and also doing his bit as are other politicians of various hues, so this is totally cross party and nothing to do with Labour / Conservative point scoring.

i missed that. who has zac goldsmith named then? tell us a few names of these mps and who they are accusing of what.

---------- Post added 17-10-2015 at 13:15 ----------

I don't want it either way. I contend that Watson is interested in the politics more than the allegations.

this is a good read

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tom-watsons-westminster-paedophile-ring-whistle-blower-resigns-child-abuse-inquiry-1524365

Tom Watson's Westminster paedophile ring 'whistle-blower' resigns from child abuse inquiry

Peter McKelvie, a former child protection officer who acted as a "whistle-blower" to Labour MP Tom Watson when he first put forward allegations of a paedophile ring linked to Westminster, has resigned from the troubled inquiry into child abuse over after "conflict of interest" concerns.

Labour's deputy leader Watson made the explosive allegations in the House of Commons in 2012 which claimed evidence had been seized in the 1990s containing "clear intelligence of a widespread paedophile ring" whose members had "links to a senior aide of a former prime minister".

However, it recently emerged following an investigation by BBC's Panorama the Met Police dropped the case just two months after Watson made the claims as there was "no evidence of offending linked to [the minister] held within the files".

Watson's allegations were based on information fed to him by McKelvie who had a "long experience of working in social work and child protection". Despite being told the minister in question was cleared of the claims in 2012, McKelvie wrote to the prime minister to give his reasons for contacting Watson in 2012, and also to Lord Goddard, head of the abuse inquiry, to describe his appointment to government as "utter contempt for the survivors of child sexual abuse".

McKelvie has now confirmed he has quit his role from the Independent Inquiry Into Child Sexual Abuse (IISCA), set up in 2014 by home secretary Theresa May, following accusations he was attempting a "smear campaign" against the minister by repeating the claims and it was offered "based on his likely inclusion as a witness in the investigative work of the inquiry".

Edited by drummonds

There were serious allegations and ample evidence, including photographic, against Cyril Smith dating from the 70s 80s and 90s of paedophilia and abuse, including photographic, which was in the police's possession.

Can you tell me why did it not come to court?

There was a culture of cover up, people in high places did get the benefit of the doubt. That is wrong, they should have been prosecuted as long as the evidence stacked up.

The fact is that you dont need evidence, once you hear that "someone" is guilty of some vile offence you automatically assume the worst.

Can you tell me why Tom Watson will not apologise regarding Leon Brittan? What are your feelings regarding William Roache and other personalities whose lives and careers have been besmirched?

i missed that. who has zac goldsmith named then? tell us a few names of these mps and who they are accusing of what.

---------- Post added 17-10-2015 at 13:15 ----------

this is a good read

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tom-watsons-westminster-paedophile-ring-whistle-blower-resigns-child-abuse-inquiry-1524365

Tom Watson's Westminster paedophile ring 'whistle-blower' resigns from child abuse inquiry

Peter McKelvie, a former child protection officer who acted as a "whistle-blower" to Labour MP Tom Watson when he first put forward allegations of a paedophile ring linked to Westminster, has resigned from the troubled inquiry into child abuse over after "conflict of interest" concerns.

Labour's deputy leader Watson made the explosive allegations in the House of Commons in 2012 which claimed evidence had been seized in the 1990s containing "clear intelligence of a widespread paedophile ring" whose members had "links to a senior aide of a former prime minister".

However, it recently emerged following an investigation by BBC's Panorama the Met Police dropped the case just two months after Watson made the claims as there was "no evidence of offending linked to [the minister] held within the files".

Watson's allegations were based on information fed to him by McKelvie who had a "long experience of working in social work and child protection". Despite being told the minister in question was cleared of the claims in 2012, McKelvie wrote to the prime minister to give his reasons for contacting Watson in 2012, and also to Lord Goddard, head of the abuse inquiry, to describe his appointment to government as "utter contempt for the survivors of child sexual abuse".

McKelvie has now confirmed he has quit his role from the Independent Inquiry Into Child Sexual Abuse (IISCA), set up in 2014 by home secretary Theresa May, following accusations he was attempting a "smear campaign" against the minister by repeating the claims and it was offered "based on his likely inclusion as a witness in the investigative work of the inquiry".

Thanks for that. It doesn't do Watson any favours. I wonder if Watson will quietly drop his interest in politicial peadohile investigations.