VIP paedophile ring

You didn't answer the question. How would it make things inadmissible please?

Have you any legal experience or expertise? Have you ever been involved in the investigation process or the prosecution process? Enlighten us

As for false memory syndrome - thats called telling lies isn't it - I think our process is quite able to deal with that. And while your at it please provide some evidence (not a wiki link) of the scientific basis for such

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/leon-brittan-sex-abuse-allegations-victim-says-he-was-coerced-to-make-false-claims-a6683901.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3277840/False-memories-fears-controversial-techniques-used-charity-supporting-Watson-s-abuse-victims.html

Edited by exxon

Not an answer to the question. Please do us the simple courtesy of -on public forum- enlightening us - Not posting a link to a story in the press. Is that too much to ask?

Your legal expertise? Your experience of such investigations? Your experience of such prosecutions?

And where you can find any scientific basis for the theory of false memory?

You do the victims of non recent abuse a grave dis-service by the implication what they describe might be a false memory.

Not an answer to the question. Please do us the simple courtesy of -on public forum- enlightening us - Not posting a link to a story in the press. Is that too much to ask?

Your legal expertise? Your experience of such investigations? Your experience of such prosecutions?

And where you can find any scientific basis for the theory of false memory?

You do the victims of non recent abuse a grave dis-service by the implication what they describe might be a false memory.

You tell me your's and I'll tell you mine.

The stories in the press tell you all you need to know about this case and the false memories that were implanted. If you want to see more use I-Player and watch the Panorama program blow the whole case out of the water.

"A man who made repeated sex abuse allegations against Leon Brittan and other senior Westminster figures has said that campaigners may have coerced him into making false claims."

"The man referred to as “David” told the BBC’s Panorama programme that he had provided names including that of the late Lord Brittan, a former Home Secretary, “as a joke suggestion to start with” but that he had later gone along with it."

I am happy that the odious Tom Watson has ruined his political career. I am sure the media will destroy him on the run up to 2020.

Edited by exxon

I don't pay all that much attention to media stories - I prefer to deal with actual evidence - but if you want to make up your mind about such things based on whats in the press thats fine by me.

I asked a simple question as to why the actions of Tom Watson would make some evidence inadmissible - you have yet to answer that one - maybe your expertise doesn't extend quite that far.

I think your dislike of Tom Watson is clouding your judgement.

You either have experience with these sorts of cases or you don't - if you don't want to put that out on a public forum I can understand that but please don't claim to have any 'inside' track because of expertise when you don't.

I don't pay all that much attention to media stories - I prefer to deal with actual evidence - but if you want to make up your mind about such things based on whats in the press thats fine by me.

I asked a simple question as to why the actions of Tom Watson would make some evidence inadmissible - you have yet to answer that one - maybe your expertise doesn't extend quite that far.

I think your dislike of Tom Watson is clouding your judgement.

You either have experience with these sorts of cases or you don't - if you don't want to put that out on a public forum I can understand that but please don't claim to have any 'inside' track because of expertise when you don't.

I hadn't actually heard of Tom Watson before he involved himself in this witch hunt. You seem oblivious to the fact that this case was sprayed all over the media by Tom Watson. The police inspector in charge of the case has stepped down. The "witnesses" have been cross examined on TV and by the newspapers. The evidence trashed. The case is now so compramised as to make a fair trial impossible, all because one man was on a glory hunt.

This is a report on the Panorama program. It makes the case a laughing stock that is being discussed as such on TV comedy programs.

Some recent press reports have questioned the credibility of the witness in the case, a man known only by his pseudonym, Nick, who says that he was abused by the Westminster V.I.P. ring for nine years and that he witnessed three murders. The Metropolitan Police in London issued a statement two weeks ago, saying that one of its senior officers had been wrong to describe Nick’s account as “credible and true” before the investigation was concluded.

Now the BBC, which has spent much of this year digging into the abuse claims and broadcast its findings on Tuesday night, has raised further questions about the case.

The program concluded that at least one of the three murders Nick said he witnessed cannot have happened as described. Two other men identified as victims of the Westminster ring by an activist supporting Nick’s claims told the BBC program, “Panorama,” that they could not corroborate the claims.

One of them said he had neither met the activist nor been abused by V.I.P.s, and the other suggested he had been pressured into incriminating particular politicians. A third man, described as a witness in the press, turns out to have a history of bomb hoaxes and falsely confessing to murder and rape.

“It looks as though we’re now in a climate where the police are so concerned by their past failures to investigate these sorts of crimes adequately that they’re now overdoing it in the opposite direction,” Ken Macdonald, a former director of prosecutions, told the BBC. “There may be a danger that the police are now spending an undue amount of time investigating cases that have all the hallmarks of being fantasy.”

You have no legal knowledge do you.

I am far from oblivious as to the actions of the MP - You seem to think that his actions would prevent any trial - Provide the legal basis for such an assertion.

Not as to whether the fact seemingly some of the material is in the public domain and has been commented upon which might cause a jury to feel that the evidence wasn't of sufficient quality to lead them to convict - but how it would stop any prosecution in the first place.

You tell me your's and I'll tell you mine.

The stories in the press tell you all you need to know about this case and the false memories that were implanted. If you want to see more use I-Player and watch the Panorama program blow the whole case out of the water.

"A man who made repeated sex abuse allegations against Leon Brittan and other senior Westminster figures has said that campaigners may have coerced him into making false claims."

"The man referred to as “David” told the BBC’s Panorama programme that he had provided names including that of the late Lord Brittan, a former Home Secretary, “as a joke suggestion to start with” but that he had later gone along with it."

I am happy that the odious Tom Watson has ruined his political career. I am sure the media will destroy him on the run up to 2020.

I would have to disagree most strongly.

You don't seem to realise the extent to which the media is controlled and manipulated. Much of it is pure propaganda.

Mainstream media is the last place to go for the facts.

"The Media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."

Malcolm X

Edited by Anna B