VIP paedophile ring

The inquiry headed by Justice Lowell Goddard is continuing I believe, but isn't due to report for another 5 years.

---------- Post added 21-03-2016 at 22:21 ----------

However, it seems a new inquiry is about to begin, into the unexplained death of a young boy who has featured in the previous investigation.

• 2 months later...
Oh, and Sir Cliff Richard will face no charges.

maybe if syp didn't balls it up,it would be a different story.

At the end of the day, it's CPS' choice. I can't see their handling will have gained much sympathy from CPS though.

On a separate note about other names mentioned on this thread, I notice the media and MPs etc, still refer to these cases as historical child sex abuse. It was interesting to hear one victim of child sex abuse featured on this week's Expsoure programme who said there is no such thing as 'historic child sex abuse' as it's not historic, it's something that the victims are still having to live with day in day out and it is still ruining their lives. In the light of this comment, I think these cases should stopped being referred to as 'historic' as if somehow they are not as important as recent cases.

Edited by Lex Luthor

• 1 month later...

3 years in and Justice Lowell Goddard has now also resigned from heading the IICSA inquiry and is heading back to New Zealand.

She is the third high profile judge appointed to head the inquiry to resign from the job.

Amber Rudd, the new Home Secretary, insists the inquiry will continue without delay, but this can't help. What, one wonders, is going on behind the scenes that is so problematic with this inquiry?

She wasn't up to the job is one reason she has gone (pushed) - and demonstrated that on a few occasions. Probably should not have been appointed in the first place.

Senior Judges are all booked up and not available for this one - can think why!

Toxic from the get go, devoid of real political support and the subject of regular batterings from the press for no good reason and complained about by all manner of people from 'survivors' to those wrongly accused.

It is a vast enquiry with its scope and remit so large it cannot possibly do that which is has been established to do.

In my view it needs to be scrapped in its current form, and re-established with very clear and narrower focus that it has at the moment.

"The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse will investigate whether public bodies and other non-state institutions have taken seriously their duty of care to protect children from sexual abuse in England and Wales"

"We will identify institutional failings where they are found to exist. We will demand accountability for past institutional failings. We will support victims and survivors to share their experience of sexual abuse.

And we will make practical recommendations to ensure that children are given the care and protection they need.

She wasn't up to the job is one reason she has gone (pushed) - and demonstrated that on a few occasions. Probably should not have been appointed in the first place.

Senior Judges are all booked up and not available for this one - can think why!

Toxic from the get go, devoid of real political support and the subject of regular batterings from the press for no good reason and complained about by all manner of people from 'survivors' to those wrongly accused.

It is a vast enquiry with its scope and remit so large it cannot possibly do that which is has been established to do.

In my view it needs to be scrapped in its current form, and re-established with very clear and narrower focus that it has at the moment.

"The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse will investigate whether public bodies and other non-state institutions have taken seriously their duty of care to protect children from sexual abuse in England and Wales"

"We will identify institutional failings where they are found to exist. We will demand accountability for past institutional failings. We will support victims and survivors to share their experience of sexual abuse.

And we will make practical recommendations to ensure that children are given the care and protection they need.

According to the newspaper she wasn't receiving any help or support. In other words the establishment were blocking her. However I have to agree that the remit is far too wide and almost impossible when the devil is probably to be found in the detail.

It has become a real poison chalice. I don't know if they'll ever find anyone suitable to take it on.