VIP paedophile ring

I don't agree that she has no support - have a look at the team behind her (as was) as set out on the website of the inquiry - but there is zero political interest in this - no votes in it are there

But it is dead in the water in my view and unless they sort it out quickly we will be in a hillsborough situation in that it takes years to finally get to grips with it.

I don't agree that she has no support - have a look at the team behind her (as was) as set out on the website of the inquiry - but there is zero political interest in this - no votes in it are there

But it is dead in the water in my view and unless they sort it out quickly we will be in a hillsborough situation in that it takes years to finally get to grips with it.

It's already taken years to get to this stage. That's part of the problem.

Barbara Castle was raising it in the 70's and Geoffrey Dickens made the complaints of a paedophile ring in the establishment to Parliament back in 1983.

It's kept raising it's head regularly ever since. You only have to look at the many missed opportunities to nail Jenner and Cyril Smith to name just 2. Think how many kids' futures could have been saved if this had been properly sorted out sooner. But every attempt has been stymied by 'dark forces.'

According to the newspaper she wasn't receiving any help or support. In other words the establishment were blocking her. However I have to agree that the remit is far too wide and almost impossible when the devil is probably to be found in the detail.

It has become a real poison chalice. I don't know if they'll ever find anyone suitable to take it on.

Alexis Jay has been chosen as the Chair of the inquiry:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37043545

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting.

So basically, according to the honourable justice Lowell, the enquirywas stitched up and scuppered by a bunch of Establishment Sir Humphreys.

'The administrative arrangements made by the Home Office, as the Enquiries Sponser, meant that the recruitment of staff was given to civil servants, and any non civil service staff had to become Civil Servants....'

'I felt, as Chair, handicapped by not being given a free hand to recruit staff of the type that I judged to be essential.'

It's a difficult read but I'd be interested to hear other people's take on it.

Bear in mind all Civil Servants are automatically bound by the Official Secrets Act, and Justice Lowell, in the interest of transparency, wanted to publicly expose some of the facts. Also, what does it say about this enquiry that she actually had to answer to one Keith Vaz...

Very interesting.

So basically, according to the honourable justice Lowell, the enquirywas stitched up and scuppered by a bunch of Establishment Sir Humphreys.

'The administrative arrangements made by the Home Office, as the Enquiries Sponser, meant that the recruitment of staff was given to civil servants, and any non civil service staff had to become Civil Servants....'

'I felt, as Chair, handicapped by not being given a free hand to recruit staff of the type that I judged to be essential.'

It's a difficult read but I'd be interested to hear other people's take on it.

Bear in mind all Civil Servants are automatically bound by the Official Secrets Act, and Justice Lowell, in the interest of transparency, wanted to publicly expose some of the facts. Also, what does it say about this enquiry that she actually had to answer to one Keith Vaz...

Keith Vaz you say? The MP that has just been found to be a user of legal aged male prostitutes? Working on the VIP pedo enquiry?

Now Anna, you wouldn't be making a link between being gay and pedophilia would you?

I thought that **** was outdated.

Edited by Santo
Was too harsh

Keith Vaz you say? The MP that has just been found to be a user of legal aged male prostitutes? Working on the VIP pedo enquiry?

Now Anna, you wouldn't be making a link between being gay and pedophilia would you?

If so, you are a disgrace.

It's not that bad I mean we've had single men equated with paedophilia on here before now....

It's not that bad I mean we've had single men equated with paedophilia on here before now....

I'm staggered by the post. The use of bold. The use of 'one.' The dot dot dot. It absolutely reeks of gutter press innuendo. Jan Moir eat your heart out!!

Edited by Santo