Corruption at the top.

It's incredible isn't it? I'm amazed how the majority of people get by day to day and plug on not knowing that the society in which they live is totally corrupt.

They know it's corrupt. They just find it hard to stomach how complacent people are about it.

Corruption is not acceptable, and should be stopped.

If I'm wrong, please tell me now, and I will happily join in with the rest and get my share of goodies by whatever means. And heaven help them if they try to send me to jail for it. After all what's good enough for them should be good enough for me. No jail for them, no jail for me.

Or do we have some people who are simply above the law or not?

But would your moral compass allow you to be happy with the decisions you would have to make to get to the top.

Corruption is not acceptable, and should be stopped.

If I'm wrong, please tell me now, and I will happily join in with the rest and get my share of goodies by whatever means. And heaven help them if they try to send me to jail for it. After all what's good enough for them should be good enough for me. No jail for them, no jail for me.

Or do we have some people who are simply above the law or not?

Anna, Anna, Anna...

You don't ever have to 'accept' corruption, you can perfectly go towards stopping it in your own little way: by not partaking in any form of corruption (like most people), by whistle-blowing when you become aware of it and can prove it (unlike most people, as that one takes quite a higher form of courage and personal integrity), by voting and engaging with MPs, Councillors and more who have an anti-corruption platform, and much more.

And things will continue to happen towards mitigating corruption, like this week about FIFA and the Libor trial (thank the US), a while back about Putin and his kleptocratic yes-men (thank the US again), a longer while back about tax heavens (thank the US yet again), <etc.>

Slowly, because it's a big complicated world and players haven't ever advertised, published or otherwise broadcast their corrupt ways.

You need to grow a bit more cynicism in you. It's a coping mechanism that has served humanity quite well for thousands of years: just the same as corruption, both are intrinsic human traits. This constant charging at windmills does you no good :(

Corruption is everywhere because humans are lazy, selfish and greedy. Always have been. The amount of backstabbing in the middle ages is legendary.

Obviously we have good traits too, but there is a good reason why wild animals steer clear of us :D

Yes, for thousands of years there was no corruption, until, after being unchanged for countless millennia, human nature suddenly altered quite recently.
you reckon? I wasn't there to prove it, but reckon there will have been corruption once we became civilised and got past hand-to-hand fighting to win the meal.

. Personally I blame Thatcher.
we have a winner! Should have had a sweepstake on which post number would bring up the name. Kinda like Godwins

Anna, Anna, Anna...

You don't ever have to 'accept' corruption, you can perfectly go towards stopping it in your own little way: by not partaking in any form of corruption (like most people), by whistle-blowing when you become aware of it and can prove it (unlike most people, as that one takes quite a higher form of courage and personal integrity), by voting and engaging with MPs, Councillors and more who have an anti-corruption platform, and much more.

And things will continue to happen towards mitigating corruption, like this week about FIFA and the Libor trial (thank the US), a while back about Putin and his kleptocratic yes-men (thank the US again), a longer while back about tax heavens (thank the US yet again), <etc.>

Slowly, because it's a big complicated world and players haven't ever advertised, published or otherwise broadcast their corrupt ways.

You need to grow a bit more cynicism in you. It's a coping mechanism that has served humanity quite well for thousands of years: just the same as corruption, both are intrinsic human traits. This constant charging at windmills does you no good :(

Thankyou L00b.

First time I've ever been accused of not being cynical enough...:hihi:

I think it was always like this, and when the English were plundering the world it wasn't because of honesty, integrity and fair dealing.

No it was to build an empire. An Empire that at its zenith was "a haven of sanity". Where people were educated, where communications and healthcare improved for all.

Look at the world and let me know where things have improved since the Empire ended.

---------- Post added 29-05-2015 at 12:48 ----------

Edited by Alan Ladd

Canada? Australia? British America?

They do, of course have the advantage of being colonised by British immigration, but I grant you they have done very well. Your comments on Nigeria, Kenya, (anywhere in Africa) also Pakistan, (India has a space programme also the worst poverty in the world, so not doing that well).

No it was to build an empire. An Empire that at its zenith was "a haven of sanity". Where people were educated, where communications and healthcare improved for all.

Look at the world and let me know where things have improved since the Empire ended.

---------- Post added 29-05-2015 at 12:48 ----------

An empire built on murder, rape and pillaging. And we moan about immigrants coming here?!