Anyone up for Speed Dating? Venues needed too!

I wouldn't go speed-dating, it's not fun. I was at the venue, as part of the staff :P, when one was held. My god. They aren't all locked up..

Ah, see this is where the proof is in the pudding. You have to aim the right events at the right people in the right places. I do different nights which include student events, the older generation events, certain profressions (such as events for accountants) and age groups.

I wouldn't say 'it's not fun' at all, it's a great way to at least meet some new people with similiar things in common with you (ie being single) and who knows who else may be there :love:

I wouldn't go speed-dating, it's not fun. I was at the venue, as part of the staff :P, when one was held. My god. They aren't all locked up..

I've been and met a group of 20 very nice, normal, well educated people and had some interesting conversations. Albeit far too short. Maybe your perception of normal is off!

I meant the conversations were too short, rather than the people...

yeah I'm up for some speed dating. I did it once at Uni and that was quite good fun... but it's really all about the drinks afterwards once the people have had a chance to break the ice, then you can have a fuller conversation.

If you're still after a location, have you thought of The Lescar?

The room at the back would house a lot of people.

That's a great idea - The Lescar.

I'm starting to get the feeling that I'll be doing a couple of different nights, nights for students, nights for different age groups, nights for young professionals and nights for older professionals.

Still open to suggestions - keep em coming, thanks to everyone's so far!

Archived