Modest driving for women.

This is a little concerning, time to close their school and cut their benefits if you ask me.

An emphasis on studying the Torah has led to concerns that Haredi boys are leaving school with few qualifications.

Men often continue with their prayer studies after marriage, rather than seek work, and those who do have employment have been affected by changes in traditional occupations, like textiles.

As a result, poverty and deprivation tend to hit Haredi households hard, and there's evidence that Haredi areas in Hackney, for example, receive higher than average rates of means-tested benefits.

This is a little concerning, time to close their school and cut their benefits if you ask me.

Cut their benefits? They already have a benefit cap. But you try living in London on benefits? I have lived in Hackney and tho I had a job and it's not Kensington by any means, it's not a cheap place to live.

Close their school? Why would that be necessary exactly? Everyone is entitled to an education by law until they are 16. If the school closed do you know if other schools in the area could take on the additional pupils? If not where do they go?

School children don't claim benefits. Should we close all schools?

I was talking about the parents that think studying the Torah is more important than a rounded education, and adults that spend their time doing prayer studies instead of seeking work. No we shouldn't close all school just the schools that don't produce people ready and able to contribute to UK society, schools that produce the next generation of benefits claimants are rather pointless.

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 07:18 ----------

Cut their benefits? They already have a benefit cap. But you try living in London on benefits? I have lived in Hackney and tho I had a job and it's not Kensington by any means, it's not a cheap place to live.

Close their school? Why would that be necessary exactly? Everyone is entitled to an education by law until they are 16. If the school closed do you know if other schools in the area could take on the additional pupils? If not where do they go?

Because according to the article they are not receiving the education that is necessary to prepare them for work.

Edited by loraward

I was talking about the parents that think studying the Torah is more important than a rounded education, and adults that spend their time doing prayer studies instead of seeking work. No we shouldn't close all school just the schools that don't produce people ready and able to contribute to UK society, schools that produce the next generation of benefits claimants are rather pointless.

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 07:18 ----------

Because according to the article they are not receiving the education that is necessary to prepare them for work.

Does one need to drive a car to be able to contribute to society? A gross overreaction from you there. There is nothing in the report to suggest (bizarre driving edict apart) that this is anything other than a good school.

Does one need to drive a car to be able to contribute to society? A gross overreaction from you there. There is nothing in the report to suggest (bizarre driving edict apart) that this is anything other than a good school.

In which post did I say anything about people driving cars?

I quoted the section from the story that I was responding to, but as usual you ignore that fact in order to justify a bizarre response to something not said.

In which post did I say anything about people driving cars?

I quoted the section from the story that I was responding to, but as usual you ignore that fact in order to justify a bizarre response to something not said.

It was implicit within the context of the thread. Have you any reason to believe that the school concerned should be closed?