Is there snobbery in house buying?

Ok this isnt just limited to Sheffield but after seeing a post where someone said they were a young professional and wanted some where to live suitable for a young professional, it made me think that people are such snobs when it comes to buying a house

Rather then trying to live within their means properly they over spend just so they live in the right post code!

Oh dear how awful would it be for a "young professional" to have to go and live in a house in wooodhouse!!!

I've just sold my house and it was advertised as a great home for 'young professionals'. Guess what? young professionals have bought it in you guessed it... Woodhouse! when we bought it we were young professionals! (Now slightly older professionals)

So wanting a decent property and paying a rate that reflects their income is "snobby" now?

What is "snobby"? Is it someone who doesn't want to live on a council estate? Is it someone who makes more money than you do?

So wanting a decent property and paying a rate that reflects their income is "snobby" now?

What is "snobby"? Is it someone who doesn't want to live on a council estate? Is it someone who makes more money than you do?

Sounds like it you snob!

Guest sibon

If you buy a house, surely it makes sense to buy the best one that you can, in the best area you can afford.

That isn't snobbery, just common sense.

If you buy a house, surely it makes sense to buy the best one that you can, in the best area you can afford.

That isn't snobbery, just common sense.

+1

Not to forget that an investment in a house is likely the biggest purchase ever, especially for young people. It wouldn't do to buy a house in an area that is not likely to appreciate as fast as an other area.

Ok this isnt just limited to Sheffield but after seeing a post where someone said they were a young professional and wanted some where to live suitable for a young professional, it made me think that people are such snobs when it comes to buying a house

Rather then trying to live within their means properly they over spend just so they live in the right post code!

Oh dear how awful would it be for a "young professional" to have to go and live in a house in wooodhouse!!!

Having the means and having a choice between Woodhouse or Ranmoor then I guess I would be categorized as being a snob, considering I chose the latter. I can live with that.