How to get to Manor Lodge?

iwells

Hi

I would like to visit the Sheffield Manor Lodge but I am having some trouble trying to figure out how to get there.

In their website they have the following information:

Bus to Boundary Road / Southend Road: 56 this is our recommended service from Sheffield City Centre: Sheffield Interchange and Arundel Gate)

Bus to City Road / Manor Lane: 42, 49, 50, 120, 123 (+ 0.5 mile walk)

Bus to Manor Lane: 10, 10A

Bus to Manor Lane / Harborough Avenue: 22, 25, 25A (+ 0.5 mile walk)

Tram (Blue Route) to Spring Lane / City Road (+ 1 mile walk through Manor Fields Park)

Tram (Yellow Route) to Cricket Inn Road (+ 1 mile walk via Maltravers Road to Manor Lane)

Train If you are coming from further a field then why not get a Train to Sheffield

My main problem is that I have never taken a bus in Sheffield before as I a usually go everywhere on foot. But in this case I don't think it is the best option...

How much would it cost a single/round ticket to get there? I live 10 minutes walking from the city centre, so which bus do you think that suits me best? Do I have to buy my ticket to the driver? Or is there any special box office to do so?

I am sorry for such a silly questions but I have no idea and the bus website is not really healpful

Thank you very much

If you like walking, it would take you around forty or fifty minutes. Just head for the PARK HILL flats either by Shrewsbury Rd or via Duke St, walk straight up Duke St and up City Rd till you get to Manor Lane, keeping on your left, turn left on Manor Lane and walk for around five minutes if that and the Lodge is on your left. Alternately you can catch the 120 Pond St and get of at St Aidens church which sits on the Corner of Manor Lane, ask the driver to tell you when you get to the church, it's very easy to get there, on the bus it will take you around eight to ten minutes, fare may be around £2 each way may be cheaper. Last time I went to the lodge there was no admission fee.

Just walk. It won't even take 50mims. More like 25 from Sheffield centre. I know because I was bought up on Manor lane and walked to town most weekends. Just walk straight up duke street/city road and bob is your uncle

Ohh thank you very much to both of you! You have been very helpful

I thought it was isolated in the middle of the road and it was only reachable by car or public transport. But I will definitely go on foot then

---------- Post added 30-05-2015 at 16:35 ----------

I have gone in the end on foot. No problem to get there. And good exercise due to the steep street haha

Thank you for your instructions :)