News from America

Of course it will turn nasty. It's intended to provoke.

Considering that the event was yesterday there is no need to try and predict what will happen.

"By late Friday night virtually all the protesters and police had left the area with no reports of violent flare-ups or arrests."

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/30/protestors-berate-prophet-muhammad-at-anti-islam-protest-at-phoenix-mosque

Considering that the event was yesterday there is no need to try and predict what will happen.

"By late Friday night virtually all the protesters and police had left the area with no reports of violent flare-ups or arrests."

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/30/protestors-berate-prophet-muhammad-at-anti-islam-protest-at-phoenix-mosque

Thanks for that. Looks like the bike gang were not as bad as some of us thought. Or perhaps the cops were just very good at protecting and serving.

I once saw a large facial photograph of President Obama outside our post office with a Hitler moustache drawn on it. There was a table to one side with a couple of individuals handing out leaflets to passers by. I didn't bother to investigate further nor did I make any comment even though I thought it was in bad taste.

Either we have freedom of speech or we don't. There's no half way. If some ant-Christian group decided to draw a picture of the Virgin Mary dressed in a French can can outfit that would be fine also.

As for the bikers they would have needed to respect the rights of outraged Muslims if any had shown up to demonstrate in protest against the Mohammed cartoon

Glad there was no violence.

I once saw a large facial photograph of President Obama outside our post office with a Hitler moustache drawn on it. There was a table to one side with a couple of individuals handing out leaflets to passers by. I didn't bother to investigate further nor did I make any comment even though I thought it was in bad taste.

Either we have freedom of speech or we don't. There's no half way. If some ant-Christian group decided to draw a picture of the Virgin Mary dressed in a French can can outfit that would be fine also.

As for the bikers they would have needed to respect the rights of outraged Muslims if any had shown up to demonstrate in protest against the Mohammed cartoon

Glad there was no violence.

My favorite watering hole is a biker bar in Suffield CT called the Shamrock where I have had the honor of being the Soccer coach of the bar's team for the past 14 years, being an Englishman, donchya know. There has to be something wrong with my bikers because they seldom cause any trouble, unless somebody rides up on a Kawasaki, or worse still a VESPA!!! Favorite band, the Rolling Stones, favorite song From the shores of Montezuma, Favorite barmaid Erica, blonde, lower thirties without whom the place would go bust. Edited by buck

Of course it will turn nasty. It's intended to provoke.

It would be illegal in this country. Akin to going on a rant about euthanasia outside an old peoples home; even those protesters would be arrested for breaching the peace.

Which countries laws are the best?

My favorite watering hole is a biker bar in Suffield CT called the Shamrock where I have had the honor of being the Soccer coach of the bar's team for the past 14 years, being an Englishman, donchya know. There has to be something wrong with my bikers because they seldom cause any trouble, unless somebody rides up on a Kawasaki, or worse still a VESPA!!! Favorite band, the Rolling Stones, favorite song From the shores of Montezuma, Favorite barmaid Erica, blonde, lower thirties without whom the place would go bust.

Chad's Place. A pleasant ride of about 22 miles ending 8,000 feet above sea level in the town of Big Bear Lake. Chad's has music, pool and good cheer. There are bikers there every weekend. I've been going to that place for about 25 years, Never a fight or any trouble in all that time. Once I had my bike accidentally knocked over by a foxy 18 years old college student, no damage done but the poor girl was terrified out of her wits until I showed her that I was just a pussycat. :D

We're not a gang either and we don't carry weapons. Just a few old Jar Heads and a couple of old Navy guys who like the open road for a few hours.

Pity though. I could never get my wife on the bike, Car only for her

Edited by Harleyman

Bikers Plan to Draw Cartoons of Mohammed

This bit is fine. Good for them. They have my full support.

Armed Bikers Plan to Draw Cartoons of Mohammed Outside a Mosque in Arizona

Unnecessarily confrontational. They sound like arseholes.

Is this a response to the degrading in peoples freedoms by religious minorities though? Its a sad state of affairs then people feel they need to "tool up" in order to do something they have the right to do through fear of violence.

I remember years back I was told I would be "dealt with man to man" by a predominant forum member if I wore this t-shirt outside. He later denied it only to vanish when I found the post in the archive. Tab1 I think it was.