Watching Vulcan take off / flight times 2015

I gather from recent BBC news that the last flying Vulcan (which lives at Robin Hood airport) wont fly again after 2015

It would be great to see it one last time but I doubt we would be able to get to any air shows this year

Does anyone know when it is scheduled to take off for any shows this year?

I gather from recent BBC news that the last flying Vulcan (which lives at Robin Hood airport) wont fly again after 2015

It would be great to see it one last time but I doubt we would be able to get to any air shows this year

Does anyone know when it is scheduled to take off for any shows this year?

Try the FB site or http://www.dsaf.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=60

• 4 weeks later...

If you head north along the A614, just after Austerfield there's a roundabout, the second exit of which (signed as a dead end) takes you onto a road which runs along the perimeter fence, parallel to the runway:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.459983,-1.006094,3a,75y,4.96h,72.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1su-TLLRI2WdpXkJjgWJyuSg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

If you head north along the A614, just after Austerfield there's a roundabout, the second exit of which (signed as a dead end) takes you onto a road which runs along the perimeter fence, parallel to the runway:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.459983,-1.006094,3a,75y,4.96h,72.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1su-TLLRI2WdpXkJjgWJyuSg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Thanks Angus.....just gotta decide if i wanna see it take off from the side or from underneath at the end of the runway.

I watched it take off from the end of the runway yesterday, it was an amazing sight to see and such a shame she won't be flying after this year.

Get there early as it was packed yesterday and difficult to park.

You are best coming off at junction 3 of M18 and following the signs for Bawtry, along the A638 Great North Road. Just after the The Mount Pleasant Hotel, take a left down High Common Lane, this takes you to the end of the runway.

Edited by verona

I watched it take off from the end of the runway yesterday, it was an amazing sight to see and such a shame she won't be flying after this year.

Get there early as it was packed yesterday and difficult to park.

You are best coming off at junction 3 of M18 and following the signs for Bawtry, along the A638 Great North Road. Just after the The Mount Pleasant Hotel, take a left down High Common Lane, this takes you to the end of the runway.

Gonna take the motorbike so parking shouldnt be a problem! :thumbsup:

We were heading north from Bawtry a couple of years ago when it took off, and turned at 90deg southwards down the road - like the flight of a frizbe.

Frightened me to death!

Hope you all see it well!