Watching Vulcan take off / flight times 2015

Their Twitter feed also suggest it was for a 4K filming session with a helicopter.

No air traffic congestion at all over North Derbyshire and South East Sheffield at the height that the Vulcan was flying at the time it was due.

Only two commercial airlines in the area at much greater heights (source : Flightracker)

The filming could have already been part of their plans, so is there any suggestion that the divert was due to the filming session?

Quote from Page 3 of today's Star about the Vulcan's weekend "with a route that took in Sheffield".

I only mention this to illustrate how we should be very careful about drawing conclusions on anything merely from media reports.

Heading north to Newark click here

---------- Post added 11-10-2015 at 16:24 ----------

It's being shadowed by a small jet.

---------- Post added 11-10-2015 at 16:27 ----------

They're filming it.

I saw it yesterday late afternoon east of Retford, the shadow was a Provost trainer jet (library/web photo, not mine).

I managed to get 2 or 3 photos with the iPhone, but that was pretty much hip-shooting so nothing to shout home about.

Will upload and link them later. edit: image 1; image 2; image 3.

Edited by L00b

Waited for it on Saturday afternoon with a lot of people in a field in Plumbley, to then find out we had missed out - still not sure why unless it was just because of the filming, either way everyone was disappointed...

However, after closely monitoring the situation on Facebook/Twitter and checking out the flight path. We headed out to Upton for about 4.30pm yesterday and saw the Vulcan flying over. What an amazing sight, and then even better it turned and did a couple of circles flying right over us each time!

Made my day to see it and more than made up for missing out on Saturday.

Could have be a fuel issue. According to their Twitter feed they were invited to fly past Edinburgh Airport.

They made no secret that the route is subject to change at short notice.

Whatever the issue was it is only right to inform the spectators what is happening. I was waiting at Mosborough with many others and following the progress on twitter. At some point the organisation/crew knew that the Sheffield turning point was not going to take place, at that time we should have been informed because some spectators could have relocated to an alternative viewing position. The last tweet I saw was 'over Heanor' surely at that point we could have been informed of the change of route. I could not make Sunday due to other commitments and bearing in mind the poor communications on Saturday I could not risk another wasted journey to a no-show.

Whatever the issue was it is only right to inform the spectators what is happening. I was waiting at Mosborough with many others and following the progress on twitter. At some point the organisation/crew knew that the Sheffield turning point was not going to take place, at that time we should have been informed because some spectators could have relocated to an alternative viewing position. The last tweet I saw was 'over Heanor' surely at that point we could have been informed of the change of route. I could not make Sunday due to other commitments and bearing in mind the poor communications on Saturday I could not risk another wasted journey to a no-show.

You would have thought they would have released a statement to clarify things but the silence is deafening.Plenty of backslapping going on tho