Owls rumours 2015

flynnroy

Hmmm, De Zeeuw would have been a great signing 2 or 3 years ago, now I am not so sure. 32 and has been moving around a lot. Mind you, he has awesome experience and will instill a bit of a get-up and go culture among the players. I also think he would come relatively cheap, he signed a near amateur contract with NAC last year.

Seen a couple of players being branded .

Gil vincente player Vitor Concalves, Porto winger Recardo & Demy De Zeeuw who is supposedly on trial with owls.

Should we not be looking nearer home. Is it any wonder we don,t compete at international level.

Chris Kirkland decided no to re-sign for us, Good luck Chris in your new venture/club you were a credit to the Owls, carry on the good work.

I'll second that Alan.:) too good to be a bench warmer,still got a lot to offer.

I've always admired the way the Dutch play their football so there may be more to these signings than meets the eye.

I feel both are Championship level players, whether that is what we need at the moment... The intention could indeed be to introduce more of a 'footballing' culture which I would welcome, especially with our brand spanking new, perhaps, Desso pitch without a huge slope!

Should we not be looking nearer home. Is it any wonder we don,t compete at international level.

It's the reality of the market, British players are only available at massively inflated fees due to precisely this sentiment. Without being funny, Jordan Rhodes for 12 million, even 6 million? Brentford just picked up Bjelland from FC Twente (where we got Lachman) for 2,5 million and he is a well renowned centre-back, Danish international and much respected in the Netherlands. For the same price Hoffenheim just brought in Mark Uth from Heerenveen, a guy who is at least as good, if not better, than Rhodes and has demonstrated that over the past few years.

Chris Kirkland decided no to re-sign for us, Good luck Chris in your new venture/club you were a credit to the Owls, carry on the good work.

I can understand why he didn't resign, he is a starting caliber goalie and I hope he gets the right club.

I feel both are Championship level players, whether that is what we need at the moment... The intention could indeed be to introduce more of a 'footballing' culture which I would welcome, especially with our brand spanking new, perhaps, Desso pitch without a huge slope!

It's the reality of the market, British players are only available at massively inflated fees due to precisely this sentiment. Without being funny, Jordan Rhodes for 12 million, even 6 million? Brentford just picked up Bjelland from FC Twente (where we got Lachman) for 2,5 million and he is a well renowned centre-back, Danish international and much respected in the Netherlands. For the same price Hoffenheim just brought in Mark Uth from Heerenveen, a guy who is at least as good, if not better, than Rhodes and has demonstrated that over the past few years.

I can understand why he didn't resign, he is a starting caliber goalie and I hope he gets the right club.

Agreed Tim and it is a good point. Unfortunately, the Premier League (and the TV money that flowed in behind it) has distorted the market, inflating the price of players. Playing in the PL is the dream of most players because they see the money, the lifestyle, the trophy girlfriend, that house in the country, the Ferrari, etc., etc.

---------- Post added 02-07-2015 at 17:37 ----------

Good keeper and not doing his profile any good being a bench warmer