Abbeydale Secondary School,Sheffield

Yes that is me I have not lived in Sheffield since 1971.I now live in Lancaster so it is good to hear from a school friend.I can remember just about everybody from my old class.I would imagine we look rather different but would recognise each other??

I moved out of Sheffield in 1970 when I got married but came back in 1989 when I got divorced! I was surprised at how much Sheffield had changed and still keeps changing. I did miss Sheffield and its closeness to the countryside. How many of our class mates are still in Sheffield I wonder? It is good to hear from old school friends.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dawn

I left in 1964 and Mr Spooner became head then. Do you remember Mr Wilson well he's still alive and looks no different than when he taught then. Mrs Cooper is still around. There is a school reunion every month at the Beachief hotel at Abbey lane. I was there last Saturday. Janet

Hello All , i left Abbeydale in 1965 ,MrCartwright was my form teacher,Just afew names to remember

Anne Duncombe

Susan Harrison

Yvonne Valantine

Stephen Fogg

Derrick Cocker

David Rushton and many more

Mr Glasbey maths ugh!!

Mr Wilson and Mrs Bartlett

Mr Lawrence and Mrs Cooper

Hope this has brought back a few memories, good of course

And me Christine Harrison

Hi Christine

I was Janet Cowley at school. Mrs Bartlett is no longer with us and I think Mr Wilson said Mr Spooner had passed away. Mrs Cooper is still around, was only talking to them last Saturday. Am going to the next reunion in April with some school photos. Ill post the date when I find out.

Hi Janet thanks for your reply , you are right much better than friende reunited and people , will answer shame about Mrs Bartlett , i dont think we realize we are all getting older ,and on that cheery note i will say my goodbye s , keep in touch

Hi Every one

The next reunion for all Abbeydale pupils is on the 19th April at the Beachief hotel, Abbey Lane at 11am. There is also a meeting on the 24th of April at Abbeydale School at 4pm to see the old school if any one wants to. Hope to see you there.