New Netto open on Queens Rd

Went into netto at Kilner Way yesterday. Asked a member of staff a question but she didn't hear me properly. Instead of saying 'pardon' or 'excuse me' or 'sorry' she grunted at me. I looked at her with disgust and walked out. What a miserable sod she was, no smile, nothing. Think I'll go elsewhere ??

Sorry chocki, but that's the price you pay ('scuse the pun) for low prices.

Don't let that put you off future visits, if there's bargains to be had.

Really, I've been treated worse in posher shops than Netto.

It seems Netto gave up on the UK just before the economic crisis hit, if they'd stuck around a year or two longer they'd have been in clover. Aldi & Lidl filled thehole Netto left, whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

True.

When Netto left the UK, our economy was doing well, and ordinary working class folk shunned the discount supermarkets of Lidl, Aldi and Netto out of pure snobbery, for the posher likes of Waitrose and the other big supermarkets.

Fast forward to the present day, when the same ordinary working class folk have now lost their jobs and had their benefits stopped, and are now forced to burn their furniture to keep warm, rely on foodbanks to eat, and steal clothes from charity collection bins, they're unashamedly going back to these discount stores, desperatley trying to convince us the quality is just as good. Yeah, right :hihi:

---------- Post added 05-07-2015 at 10:09 ----------

[/color]

I went there. Thought it was good, but it's very out of my way so probably won't go again. We use Sainsburys and Lidl a lot.]
Edited by spilldig

Hi, I am really happy as a new Netto has just opened on Queens Road. The products seem good value. What do you all think of the products and prices? What do you all buy there? I like the Yoghurts and cakes.:)

I went last week with a £5 off voucher. Filled the freezer up with meat. Bought a couple of steaks from there and they were the nices steaks i've ever had from a supermarket (the cook took credit for how good they tasted ;) )

And 500g of 5% fat mince for £1.09 - you can't go wrong

Its a pity they don't open again at Manor Top in the now closed Tesco premises.

One of the rumours going around about the old Tescos on Woodseats is that it's going to be a Netto. Having said that, it's one of many, many rumours :hihi:

And 500g of 5% fat mince for £1.09 - you can't go wrong

Depends on what the other 95% is! Blood, water, connective tissue, gristle...

The great thing about mince is it can be made to a wide range of price points simply by changing the ingredients.

Went in again this week maybe for the last time unless it's run in for a couple of bits,the place at 10:30 Wednesday was virtually deserted the fruit and veg was very poor,soggy peppers and limp past it carrots. Chilled section was very sparse as was the bread section. Overheard a woman from the bakery having a heated discussion about the bread and pastries with the manager she was saying well you can see what doesn't sell,manager just seemed to grunt,tried a few of their own brand tinned goods didn't like them,tried the beef steak mince I thought it had a strange texture when cooked.