Name A Product You Used To Buy Thats No Longer Available.

Pacers - the white ones and the updated green-striped ones of the 80s. They were like mint Opal Fruits.

The Body Shop of the 80s. Stubby opaque bottles with basic green labels and a black lid, in three or four different sizes, an excellent range of henna powders, plus the perfumed oil stand (dewberry, cinnamon and vanilla oils for me, plus occasional white musk and fuzzy peach). I used to make special trips up to York to shop in the Coppergate branch before Orchard Square opened. Such a shame that its products are now almost indistinguishable from most other mid-price toiletry ranges.

Cosmetics-to-Go. Similar to the Body Shop, but mostly (exclusively?) mail order. Morphed into the far too pungent Lush, I believe.

I loved Pacers too. You can still get the flavour and texture, although not the name:

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/spearmint-chews-p-447.html

Cosmetics to go, ah yes, I remember them well I was one of their first 100 online customers, and my sister was addicted to Smaragadine shower gel :)

They didn't really morph into Lush- they went out of business and another company bought their rights to trading style, recipes and the like. That company turned them into Lush.

CtG used to make a wonderful and very moisturising liquorice lip balm that I would dearly love to buy again, but Lush claim not to have either the rights or recipe to that one :(

A chocolate bar called 'Secret' used to be in a fold wrapper and then on cardboard. Scrummy!!! Anyone else remember it?

I was looking on eBay a few months back and there was a Secret wrapper selling for a £10:loopy:

If only I had saved all my old wrappers from the 90's :hihi:

I loved Pacers too. You can still get the flavour and texture, although not the name:

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/spearmint-chews-p-447.html

I don't want to spoil a happy memory. My ten year old self had a much sweeter tooth than I do today

Cosmetics to go, ah yes, I remember them well I was one of their first 100 online customers, and my sister was addicted to Smaragadine shower gel :)

I only ever had the paper catalogue, in 88 to 89ish and possibly a bit longer; I can't remember when they went out of business. I used to buy their individual eye shadows. They came embedded in little segments of stone-like material. You fitted them into a flat round box, rather like Dairylea cheese.

Then there was their blue bottles of excellent salt shampoo, and a men's range of moisturisers and face washes in lovely brown glass jars with wild flowers on the labels (I wish I could remember what the range was called - it might have been 'Herbaceous'). Ooh, and salt scrub bars, the use of which was akin to rubbing yourself down with a block of rough-grade emery paper. Ginger perfume too. Lovely stuff.

They didn't really morph into Lush- they went out of business and another company bought their rights to trading style, recipes and the like. That company turned them into Lush.

The folk behind CTG (Mark Constantine et al) went on to form Lush after CTG went bust.

Texan bars.

£2.47 for 5 bars >> Temporarily out of stock.

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/texan-bars-texans-p-1139.html

Sorry.

---------- Post added 02-06-2015 at 00:12 ----------

I look silly now. Apologies alarmingmark. Sorry.

---------- Post added 02-06-2015 at 00:23 ----------

Sorry I cant help. However being Scottish the real deal is TUNNOCK'S Tea Cakes. :bigsmile:

Oh yes!

I can demolish a pack of 6 Tunnocks in 2 minutes...No bother.

Border Crème Eggs... The ones with the chocolate filling instead of the yellow/white filling and with a tartan wrapper......

I don't know if it's where I'm living but I haven't seen them for many many years!!!!!! :(:)