Another 10% my right "honorable" gentleman?

MP's salary is nowhere near that, so please do not lie. It will be £74,000 pa after this £7,000 rise.

That's the basic rate. Cabinet members will be closer to the £150k mark, as will the speaker. Let's not forget that their privileged positions allow them to earn 3 times their salary doing other work on the side! How they've got time for this is beyond me, but there you go!

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 12:37 ----------

I think Cameron wanted IPSA not to recommend the 10% pay rise, but some of his back benchers reminded him that not all of them were related to royalty & had vast amounts of inherited wealth. So he kept quiet after that.

I see now! I thought he was against it full stop? I suppose he'll not be accepting his increase then? :suspect:

That's the basic rate. Cabinet members will be closer to the £150k mark, as will the speaker. Let's not forget that their privileged positions allow them to earn 3 times their salary doing other work on the side! How they've got time for this is beyond me, but there you go

Who said anything about cabinet ministers? Bonaparte said "the average MP salary to around £150,000 PA". I pointed out this was grossly exaggerated.

MP's salary is nowhere near that, so please do not lie. It will be £74,000 pa after this £7,000 rise.

Plus all the backhanders from shady dealings ... that should double the salary at least. :P

Plus all the backhanders from shady dealings ... that should double the salary at least. :P

That could be true, but then again, that happens in all aspects of business, from the window cleaner you pay in cash an do not expect a receipt to the top of FIFA it would seem.

That could be true, but then again, that happens in all aspects of business, from the window cleaner you pay in cash an do not expect a receipt to the top of FIFA it would seem.

Yet the window cleaner is the most likely to be caught out!

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 13:00 ----------

Isnt the salary increase meant to counteract the changes to expenses meaning they cant claim for as much anymore?

Counteract the expenses that they shouldn't have been claiming for in the first place?

Yet the window cleaner is the most likely to be caught out!

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 13:00 ----------

Counteract the expenses that they shouldn't have been claiming for in the first place?

Dont think so, think even the legitimate stuff they could have claimed for previously has been trimmed down. Could be wrong though.

Mind you,won't they be taxed 40% on the extra 7k anyway?
And the rest (40% kicks in at £42k, well below £67k p.a.).

It's worth reminding all and sundry that vociferous Bonzo also pays 40% tax on his income.

A case of do as I say, not as I do, Bonzo?

Or is it the case that you work harder than MPs?

:twisted:

A couple of years old but it always amuses me when union leaders complain about salaries:

Union leaders enjoy bumper pay-hikes and 'golden goodbyes'

Union leaders have enjoyed pay rises of up to 60% and £90,000 "golden-goodbyes" while their members are struggling to cope with rising living costs and pay freezes, according to official accounts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10176757/Union-leaders-enjoy-bumper-pay-hikes-and-golden-goodbyes.html