Solicitor for 11 year old

I would suggest you contact one of the local firms who deal with criminal law and I would not advise just going in for a chat with the police without representation - they don't do "chats"

Do not agree to any form of voluntary attendance either - a method of getting you to the police station and swerving certain of your legal rights.

Given the age involved she will need an appropriate adult - someone to make sure she understands what's going on as opposed to protecting her legal rights.

I would not assume what you have been told by the school or anyone else for that matter is correct - wait until you have it in black and white.

Ignore it she is under no obligation to attend / Justify / explain anything. . Tell them to F off. STOP harassing ! It truly is that simple!!. Other than giving her name and address, Say Nothing more.

This is correct. Do not admit to anything. Do not confess. Do not say anything. Be polite and pleasant. Don't anger the police. Treat them with respect. But do not fess.

Ignore it she is under no obligation to attend / Justify / explain anything. . Tell them to F off. STOP harassing ! It truly is that simple!!. Other than giving her name and address, Say Nothing more.

To the OP - this is really poor advice, ignore it.

You are mistaken.

The child is over the age of 10 years and would appear that a claim of assault (or similar) has been made against them.

The police have a right to interview, arrest and charge if need be and in fact, would be expected to make some basic checks once a complaint has been made.

Hopefully it would go no further than a quick chat, but the OP would be right to be concerned as not all police are sensible when one-sided evidence may appear to be already there.

To the OP - this is really poor advice, ignore it.

That advice is the first thing any lawyer will give you. No matter who is at fault.!

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 22:13 ----------

To simplify… Stop talking… say no more than your name and address. Stop talking shut up! Stop talking.!

Am I under arrest. >> No we just want to talk to you. Ok I have nothing to say. Please go away. Simple!!!

Edited by billybob313

Some of the so called 'advice' on this forum is incorrect.

If the child is to be interviewed either at home or in a

Police Station, either as a 'volunteer' or under arrest he/ she is entitled to have a Solicitor (or an 'Accredited Representative' ) present at public expense.

The child's parent should contact one of the many Law Firms who do 'Crime' and get the Solicitor to liaise with the Police and parent/child to arrange a mutually agreeable date/time for interview etc

Also the parent and child will get some informed advice about what is/isn't likely to happen ( rather than mere speculation ) as the Police will 'disclose' to the Solicitor broadly what evidence they have prior to any interview.

Some of the so called 'advice' on this forum is incorrect.

If the child is to be interviewed either at home or in a

Police Station, either as a 'volunteer' or under arrest he/ she is entitled to have a Solicitor (or an 'Accredited Representative' ) present at public expense.

The child's parent should contact one of the many Law Firms who do 'Crime' and get the Solicitor to liaise with the Police and parent/child to arrange a mutually agreeable date/time for interview etc

Also the parent and child will get some informed advice about what is/isn't likely to happen ( rather than mere speculation ) as the Police will 'disclose' to the Solicitor broadly what evidence they have prior to any interview.

Correct. ... And they will say>> Am I under arrest. >> No we just want to talk to you. Ok I have nothing to say. Please go away. Simple!!! Or I am going home!!

When the police want to talk to you >>>>> They have nothing!!! If they did you would be charged And Under Arrest straightaway. . No matter what >>> Say nothing >>> Repeat >> No Comment << .. That is the FIRST THING your lawyer will tell you. innocent or not… Put simply Don’t talk shut up.

Edited by billybob313

The OP has asked for advice in relation to a child who the police wish to speak to - it does not assist to come on here and give out ill-informed and inaccurate advice -

If you don't actually know what is likely to happen or the details of advice that is available to make sure the child's interests are properly protected - and expecting a child of 11 or its parents to tell the police where to get off represents good advice you would be wrong. Whats plan B when the individual is arrested ?

Suggesting the police wanting to talk only occurs when they have no evidence is wrong.

Correct. ... And they will say>> Am I under arrest. >> No we just want to talk to you. Ok I have nothing to say. Please go away. Simple!!! Or I am going home!!

When the police want to talk to you >>>>> They have nothing!!! If they did you would be charged And Under Arrest straightaway. . No matter what >>> Say nothing >>> Repeat >> No Comment << .. That is the FIRST THING your lawyer will tell you. innocent or not… Put simply Don’t talk shut up.

But surely by getting the representation in place, the representative can find out what the police have. Just going in, on your own, with a "no comment" gets you nowhere.