Strange car electrics

Hello,I'm new to forums so hopefully worked this part out(trying again lol)Thank you and any advise is appreciated,please bear with me for replying etc,slow phone and unsure on site navigation yet...If anyone is handy with car electrics,i have a problem with my car,sometimes the engine management light pops on for a few seconds(then goes back out) and then the car either kangaroos or loses power,then picks back up,if it doesnt affect that then it turns the stereo off and back on,I was thinking it maybe has something to do with the after market stereo thats been put in as the date on the digital clock/date/temp goes off once the car is turned over,abit strange i know and quite difficult to explain,but if anyone can shed some light on this problem,it may help,thank you

Hello,I'm new to forums so hopefully worked this part out(trying again lol)Thank you and any advise is appreciated,please bear with me for replying etc,slow phone and unsure on site navigation yet...If anyone is handy with car electrics,i have a problem with my car,sometimes the engine management light pops on for a few seconds(then goes back out) and then the car either kangaroos or loses power,then picks back up,if it doesnt affect that then it turns the stereo off and back on,I was thinking it maybe has something to do with the after market stereo thats been put in as the date on the digital clock/date/temp goes off once the car is turned over,abit strange i know and quite difficult to explain,but if anyone can shed some light on this problem,it may help,thank you

The kangarooing and losing power could be coil pack ,best thing to do is get it on a diagnostic machine ,that will point you in right direction

Thank you,would it not do it all the time if it was the coil pack?(not that i know what thst is lol),some days it runs very smoothly,then whenever it decides to be a pain it acts the way as described above

Thank you,would it not do it all the time if it was the coil pack?(not that i know what thst is lol),some days it runs very smoothly,then whenever it decides to be a pain it acts the way as described above

It could be an intermittent fault on coil pack ,they are well know for going down ,like I say get it on a diagnostic machine ,that will point you in right direction