Strange car electrics

Thanks Wallace,i have had pms about it aswell,and all help is greatfully recieved,need it doing asap for when my spines better i can drive again,without the unexpected jolt or power loss

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 15:22 ----------

(Remapper...i know the wires on top of the battery are ok,(checked when it first started happening)can see some of where they run to as it looks like chasing on them,will a machine check the alternator and batterys working correctly..i don't have any trouble starting it or when running idle,its doesnt cough,choke or splutter(which ive had on cars before),at a loss with this one lol

simple battery test required, most auto spares shops have the tester, or if you have access to multimeter that would be handy. sounds to me like you are getting either a voltage spike/drop. hope the ecu hasnt fried!!! good luck

they are well known for electrical connectors working loose behind the dash! crank sensor, maf, brake light switch is another culprit as it breaksdown inside not always immediately evident. needs to be looked at by an electrician.

Edited by remapper
update info

Sat here wishing i had a magic wands,wave it about,sprinkle abot of magic dust and hey presto,her cars fixed.instead all ive got is headache over it lol,don't want to go getting ripped off by replacing unecessary parts

My daughters Corsa b was exactly the same, turned out to be a temperamental MAF - £25 from ebay and never skipped a beat since. I would take a punt and replace the MAF and coil pack, It'll cost around 65 - 70 quid and take about 15 mins to change.

Edited by AMR67