Dear Forum.. Are online messaging and texts infidelity?

dear forum

please help. advice needed.

the story is long and complicated so will try and keep it short and sweet.

my partner has been texting other people dirty messages. very in depth. when confronted about this my parter said that it was fun and nothing physical has happened.

they are around my partner quite often.

i dont know what the best thing is to do.

my partner says they love me but do they if they can do this?

also how do you ever know if they will do it again or even if its true that nothing physical has happened?

its also known that my partner constantly puts me down to these people. if they cared would they?

does this mean my partner will think its ok to take things further if it hasnt already happened?

any advice would be appreciated.

Isn't this what is commonly called an emotional affair?

It's probably reasonable to demand that it stop, simply because it obviously makes you unhappy. I'm sure some couples could accept this behaviour, but it doesn't sound like you will, so make that clear.

---------- Post added 04-06-2015 at 21:40 ----------

It can be difficult for women of a certain age to attract a new male.

What a strange outlook on life.

If op can't make her own mind up about this there is no hope,for her.

I wouldn't go as far as to say 'no hope' but to be asking for advice does seem rather naive if not dim. If it hasn't gone to sexual infidelity it certainly has to emotional infidelity.

---------- Post added 04-06-2015 at 22:16 ----------

It can be difficult for women of a certain age to attract a new male.

In your case for them that would be deemed a bonus. :D

Edited by cassity

Most 'birds' don't like morons, which puts you in a bit of a dilemma.

Actually they do. Especially, younger more physically attractive women, seem drawn to over-confident aggressive young men, with littie brains and no moral compass (morons).

Actually they do. Especially, younger more physically attractive women, seem drawn to over-confident aggressive young men, with littie brains and no moral compass (morons).

the definition of moron is

A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education

which doesn't relate to their confidence, aggressiveness or ability to use a compass.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 08:41 ----------

If you are younger than 35 then you need to stand up to this jerk. If you are much older you may have to accept this in life.

were you feeling lonely under your bridge?

i can send some billy goats round to keep you company if you are.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 09:01 ----------

on the original subject, then the op has to decide whether or not to accept this behaviour.

if they dont accept it then they should ask their partner to stop. if the partner doesn't stop then its probably time to get rid.