Big Issue banned by Waitrose

How can you lower the tone of a car park in Sharrow? As I said many pages back, snobs.

I don't know but apparently he was. The store manager to be fair was embarrassed when I spoke with him about it. A car park's a car park at the end of the day and theirs is no better than the likes of Asdas, Tescos and Sainsburys.

Let's see how long the new guy lasts! I am quite sure he'll be under orders from BI not to do anything in an Andy like way. Assuming he is good as gold but there are still complaints (I know of 2 definites on their way) will soon prove the 'snob' issue although in my view it's obvious that's exactly what the problem is. A load of NIMBYs!

How can you lower the tone of a car park in Sharrow? As I said many pages back, snobs.

I don't know but apparently he was. The store manager to be fair was embarrassed when I spoke with him about it. A car park's a car park at the end of the day and theirs is no better than the likes of Asdas, Tescos and Sainsburys.

Let's see how long the new guy lasts! I am quite sure he'll be under orders from BI not to do anything in an Andy like way. Assuming he is good as gold but there are still complaints (I know of 2 definites on their way) will soon prove the 'snob' issue although in my view it's obvious that's exactly what the problem is. A load of NIMBYs!

Have you stopped to think about what might have suddenly changed.

Why were Waitrose perfectly happy for 4+ years until now.

"Snobs" will have been frequenting Waitrose since day 1. Waitrose have already said on record that they requested Andy changed his location to the exit area and he failed to comply. There were also a number of other reasons separate to the customer complaints.

This to me is far far more than just "snobby customers".

As long as the new seller behaves and does what Waitrose ask him to do on THEIR own land, then lets see.

So people that don't like big issue sellers and Chuggers are snobs now?

They are if they complain about "lowering the tone".

---------- Post added 14-06-2015 at 17:54 ----------

"Snobs" will have been frequenting Waitrose since day 1. Waitrose have already said on record that they requested Andy changed his location to the exit area and he failed to comply. There were also a number of other reasons separate to the customer complaints.

This to me is far far less than just "snobby customers".

As long as the new seller behaves and does what Waitrose ask him to do on THEIR own land, then lets see.

I never found him anywhere other than at the exit.

The supermarket received more than 100 complaints from shoppers who claimed that they 'felt forced' to buy a copy.

Had Waitrose not responded to these concerns, someone on here would doubtless have started a thread about that.

Although I'm not a Waitrose customer, I'd certainly rather support a supermarket that actually took action on behalf of its customers. So kudos to Waitrose.

Had Waitrose not responded to these concerns, someone on here would doubtless have started a thread about that.

Although I'm not a Waitrose customer, I'd certainly rather support a supermarket that actually took action on behalf of its customers. So kudos to Waitrose.

Nobody (here) has said that they ever felt pressured or that they complained... So it seems likely that you're wrong.

Edited by Cyclone

Nobody has said that they ever felt pressured or that they complained... So it seems likely that you're wrong.

Waitrose said it was because of people complaining they felt 'forced to buy' a copy from Andy. What it didn't say was whether they actually did buy one or not - I'd suspect not.

When I was down there last weekend the Sally Army were there with their band and tin rattling. I have nothing against the SA at all but was a wee tad more in your face. (btw the anti-BI neighbours who moaned at Waitrose have also complained about them marching up and down our road of a Sunday morn which may well be why they're in Waitrose carpark). Didn't borther me and I usually slept through it anyway.

This to me is far far more than just "snobby customers".

Yes I have actually but I can see no evidence of anything changing. The only evidence of anyone complaining publicly was mentioned by a poster who said it was because he was lowering the tone. Which he would have on day 1 according to their opinion.

So wonder what has happened to cause it.

So what action would you recommend for those of us who don't like and don't agree to the so called '100 complainers'?