Big Issue banned by Waitrose

As a Waitrose shopper, I sometimes bought a Big Issue from Andy but not every week. The times I didn't buy there was never a problem with him and he was equally pleasant on every occasion that I saw him. Just an honest guy trying to make a living. Please don't judge him, none of us know what kind of life or background or problems he has had. I do hope Waitrose show a little compassion and reinstate Andy.

I am guilty from time to time of judging others but its those people that either cannot be bothered or blame someone or something else for their misfortune.

The criminal that knocks seven bells out of a bus driver and blames his depression or the guy that steals shampoo from Tescos and then says he is being hard done to when he is being punished by a security guard.

Andy on the other hand isnt one of those people and I like people like Andy. He has had a bad lot in life and what has he done. He has sorted himself out got a job (in this case selling a publication) and tried to get back on his feet. He should be proud of what he is doing and we should support him. I am angry at the shoppers that have complained and Waitrose for getting rid.

I will make an effort to buy the big issue from Andy outside the Town Hall and others should do too.

I am guilty from time to time of judging others but its those people that either cannot be bothered or blame someone or something else for their misfortune.

The criminal that knocks seven bells out of a bus driver and blames his depression or the guy that steals shampoo from Tescos and then says he is being hard done to when he is being punished by a security guard.

Andy on the other hand isnt one of those people and I like people like Andy. He has had a bad lot in life and what has he done. He has sorted himself out got a job (in this case selling a publication) and tried to get back on his feet. He should be proud of what he is doing and we should support him. I am angry at the shoppers that have complained and Waitrose for getting rid.

I will make an effort to buy the big issue from Andy outside the Town Hall and others should do too.

I totally agree and will also be buying from Andy outside the Town Hall. Let's all try to keep Andy's moral up…..and hope he has record sales this month.

If people want to achieve something they should probably complain to the management at Waitrose about him being banned. If more people complain about this, than originally complained about him being there then perhaps they'll reverse the decision.

If people want to achieve something they should probably complain to the management at Waitrose about him being banned. If more people complain about this, than originally complained about him being there then perhaps they'll reverse the decision.

Good idea, Also write to Waitrose Head Office

I was challenged by a BI seller the other day outside Spar at Crosspool,I told him to keep his mag,( £2.50 of mostly rubbish) and gave him a pound instead!.......so that's salved my conscience!

Edited by mossdog

Maybe all those complaining about him NOT being there can offer to have Andy stand outside the front of their houses instead.

Well what is your problem with Andy? I personally wouldnt want him outside my house for no other reason he wouldnt make any money. The footfall is so small no other reason.