Big Issue banned by Waitrose

Most on them that i see selling the big issue are smackheads on drugs and have nothing to be with being homeless.

That's a bit unfair, but I do find that a significant chunk of street beggars actually have a roof over their heads.

Most on them that i see selling the big issue are smackheads on drugs and have nothing to be with being homeless.

But not him. Yes he is a bit vocal and lively for a Waitrose store. But he is no harm to anyone. I have signed the petition.

There are BI sellers that hound and hassle you but I have never felt that with Andy.

So, I wonder how many people who have signed the petition have actually bought a copy from him, rather than just merely jumping on the faux outrage bandwagon?

I never buy a copy, but I do sometimes buy him an apple or a pork pie.

Me too. I personally not had a problem

However, I have to say that even being a story is just another load of keyboard campaigners.

Why all the "outrage" ??? Why even is there a petition for god sake??

Waitrose's land. Waitrose's decision.

Yes, it is. But it's really not a problem for Waitrose to be made aware of people's feelings about it.

The supermarket received more than 100 complaints from shoppers who claimed that they 'felt forced' to buy a copy.

Yes, that says something about some of Waitrose's customers. And Waitrose should be allowed to make a commercial decision about whether they feel that it's appropriate for him to continue.

But it might be that their decision shows that there are just as many customers who disagree and it's no problem that their views get communicated to both Waitrose and the customers who have complained.

It gives you an idea of where things are at when the Daily Mail seem to be siding with a homeless guy over Waitrose and their customers!

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 09:57 ----------

I find aggressive selling at supermarket doorways and in shopping centres (or anywhere) irritating.

Aggressive? Perhaps you should call the police if they're being aggressive.