Big Issue banned by Waitrose

They are subsiduaries of the same companies and are treated as separate brands for the purpose of trading. Send him to the John Lewis store and see if they enjoy him as much harassing people in the city centre lol. Can't wait for the flurry of complaints once he starts up there lol

You really are fixated! Have some reading material to educate yourself on the partnership "lol":

http://www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk/about.html

What harm was he doing exactly? And how does anyone know he's signing on? He may well not be so don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. I'd rather have Andy any day than the Sally Army band in my face and tin rattling or some of the agressive chuggers on Fargate.

You really are fixated! Have some reading material to educate yourself on the partnership "lol":

http://www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk/about.html

"Ain't nobody got time for that" :D or shall I say you're uncogent with your smear of fixation, but then again you went to the effort to look into the specifics of the detail of this company so who really does have the fixation here? hmm?:hihi:

"Ain't nobody got time for that" :D or shall I say you're uncogent with your smear of fixation, but then again you went to the effort to look into the specifics of the detail of this company so who really does have the fixation here? hmm?:hihi:

Not really, just correcting someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. As I said, infantile behaviour and takes a very sad individual to go in to so much depth to pick on a Big Issue seller. You lost it with your first keyboard strike on here as said before that more people support him, and even sympathise within the partnership ranks.

---------- Post added 13-06-2015 at 12:54 ----------

What harm was he doing exactly? And how does anyone know he's signing on? He may well not be so don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. I'd rather have Andy any day than the Sally Army band in my face and tin rattling or some of the agressive chuggers on Fargate.

Exactly Ann! But don't think the poster is really interested in what Andy's issues are and finds him an inconvenience? I would have posted this link, but the poster doesn't like correcting: http://www.bigissue.org.uk/news/2014/october/6/setting-record-straight

Edited by S1 1DJ

He appeared to be selling a lot more than 15 issues a day to me. He was there for a considerable number of hours and days during the week and didn't pay tax on his income like anybody else would have to under similar circumstances. Do you not think after more than 4 years making £1 in tax free in come in selling publications throughout the day at a busy supermarket without paying for the presence to be there (any other business on those premises such as a burger van or vendor pays a license to use somebody else's property) that he has not been able to get himself into a sensible position in that time to change his circumstances? Seriously?

What do you think he makes then. I've rarely seen people buy from him, but maybe he's really good and sells £30 a day.

Tax free, as you say. But what does that mean? If he's there every week for 5 days a week he makes £7800 a year. That's below the tax threshold anyway, and I suspect he makes about half that.

How much does a room in Sheffield cost, £200 a month minimum? That's £2400 straight away, before you've even considered bills, eating, clothing, and so on.

Edited by Cyclone

There are lots of people in regular work who can't manage to afford their own place; that's why so many are still living at home with their parents. But what if you don't have that safety net. Homeless does not necessarily mean living on the steets or in a hostel; it means your accommodation is uncertain. The last time I spoke to Andy he was renting a room in a shared house along with other people with similar problems. He has to make enough for his rent, food, clothing etc. and to pay for his magazines. Waitrose don't decide whether he should be moving on from selling the Big Issue, that's for the Big Issue office to determine. Waitrose do have the right to decide whether or not they have a vendor on their land.

... which takes the circle back round again ... Waitrose are not banning the Big Issue but, as a result of complaints regarding this individual, have arranged that BigIssue find him another pitch and arrange for another seller on their property.

... which takes the circle back round again ... Waitrose are not banning the Big Issue but, as a result of complaints regarding this individual, have arranged that BigIssue find him another pitch and arrange for another seller on their property.

But from what people are saying here it seems that the complaints don't make sense given Andy's normal behaviour.