Westerns on TV 50'S and 60'swhat was your favourite

A cowboy rode into town,tied up his horse outside the saloon,walked to the rear of his steed lifted its tail and kissed it full on its arse!.Two old timers sat outside saw this and asked"Why did you do that partner?"."Well my lips are chapped and it stops me licking them!"he replied!. The old ones are best!.

Cowboys were always my favourite movies and remember going to the Tivoli I think in Fitzallan Square and watching Tim McCoy, and Hopalong Cassidy I always wanted to go to America to see the Cowboys, and had to wait until 1989 when I started touring America I went to Dallas and saw where the Chisum Trail Ended at the Stock Yards, I had made a list of all the places to see Monument Valley where lots of Movies were shot but the only place I saw a Sherriff still ride a horse was in Jackson Hole in Wyoming,

I only went to Los Angeles to see Graumans Chinese Theatre John Waynes hands and footprints there plus Roy Rogers and his horse.

Not many good westerns made these days

A cowboy rode into town,tied up his horse outside the saloon,walked to the rear of his steed lifted its tail and kissed it full on its arse!.Two old timers sat outside saw this and asked"Why did you do that partner?"."Well my lips are chapped and it stops me licking them!"he replied!. The old ones are best!.

Reminds me of the Lone Ranger and Tonto, breaking camp one morning, they look up and on the hills around them there are 20,000 Indians in full war paint the Lone Ranger turns to Tonto and says " looks like the end of the trail, pardner" Tonto replied, " who are you calling pardner, you paleface pig?";)

Edited by TORONTONY

Cowboys were always my favourite movies and remember going to the Tivoli I think in Fitzallan Square and watching Tim McCoy, and Hopalong Cassidy I always wanted to go to America to see the Cowboys, and had to wait until 1989 when I started touring America I went to Dallas and saw where the Chisum Trail Ended at the Stock Yards, I had made a list of all the places to see Monument Valley where lots of Movies were shot but the only place I saw a Sherriff still ride a horse was in Jackson Hole in Wyoming,

I only went to Los Angeles to see Graumans Chinese Theatre John Waynes hands and footprints there plus Roy Rogers and his horse.

Not many good westerns made these days

...........come back John Ford!

Anyone remember Hank the Cowboy & his arch-enemy Mexican Pete?

Don,t forget Muffin the Mule, a pal of mine thought that was a sexual offense!,and Humphrey Lestoque Saturday teatime on "Whirligig",one of my favourites as a nipper!.:D:D:)

Anyone remember Hank the Cowboy & his arch-enemy Mexican Pete?

Ah yes. Hank always started with " Howdy folks." Other characters apart from Hank and Mexican Pete were :- his nephew Cassy, Big Chief Laughing Gas, Minnie Ha Ha, Little He He and Freddie Parrot.

Prior to Hank we had Andy Pandy and the Flower Pot Men and a year or two later came Billy Bean and his Funny Machine.

Those were the halcyon days my friends when we weren't made to and didn't have to grow up so quickly.

Ah yes. Hank always started with " Howdy folks." Other characters apart from Hank and Mexican Pete were :- his nephew Cassy, Big Chief Laughing Gas, Minnie Ha Ha, Little He He and Freddie Parrot.

Prior to Hank we had Andy Pandy and the Flower Pot Men and a year or two later came Billy Bean and his Funny Machine.

Those were the halcyon days my friends when we weren't made to and didn't have to grow up so quickly.

Magic Roundabout........Boienggg! :D