Westerns on TV 50'S and 60'swhat was your favourite

Wyatt Earp...........played by Hugh O'Brien!

Strange no mention of Roy Rodgers and Trigger so far.............or going further back....Tom Mix....or am I the oldest cowpoke in Sheffield?

Edited by mossdog

My favourite would be, Wagon Train , starring Ward Bond and Robert Fuller, then Rawhide and Gunsmoke.

I believe Clint Eastwood started his acting career in 'Wagon Train' (Rowdy Yates?) and as for 'Gunsmoke' the star James Arness and (from another comment of mine) Peter Graves were real life brothers. Liked Robert Fuller and Robert Horton as actors, think they were in some TV western together at one time, or one replaced the other.

Edited by stpetre
Add

Off the top of my head, with Will Hutchens?

Correct, it was called Tenderfoot in the US.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 11:23 ----------

Don,t forget "Champion the wonder horse" he was one of my favourites along with the Cisco Kid,Hopalong Cassidy,Lash Laroue!.Another animal star "Lassie" what a dog,he had a brain like Albert Einstien and of course the "Lone Ranger and Tonto"

OK, Champion was Gene Autry's horse, Trigger was Roy Rogers', Silver was the Lone Ranger's. What did they call Hopalong Cassidy's trusty steed? Memory only, no web checking... lol

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 11:26 ----------

Wyatt Earp...........played by Hugh O'Brien!

Strange no mention of Roy Rodgers and Trigger so far.............or going further back....Tom Mix....or am I the oldest cowpoke in Sheffield?

You forgot Buck Jones:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 11:28 ----------

I believe Clint Eastwood started his acting career in 'Wagon Train' (Rowdy Yates?) and as for 'Gunsmoke' the star James Arness and (from another comment of mine) Peter Graves were real life brothers. Liked Robert Fuller and Robert Horton as actors, think they were in some TV western together at one time, or one replaced the other.

Clint played Rowdy on Rawhide

Correct, it was called Tenderfoot in the US.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 11:23 ----------

OK, Champion was Gene Autry's horse, Trigger was Roy Rogers', Silver was the Lone Ranger's. What did they call Hopalong Cassidy's trusty steed? Memory only, no web checking... lol

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 11:26 ----------

You forgot Buck Jones:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 11:28 ----------

Clint played Rowdy on Rawhide

That's right. and Eric Fleming as Gil Favor (trail boss ma'am)

That's right. and Eric Fleming as Gil Favor (trail boss ma'am)

Yes Fleming tragically drowned, while filming an episode.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 12:47 ----------

Ok, where are all the older Wednesdayites? When I started this thread, I deliberately never mentioned one particular series and had a bet that it would be mentioned within 3 posts, Still it is not and I lose my bet The actor was Ty Hardin and the title rhymed with " riding across the Texas plain"****** ****** ***** C'mon guys sing along:P:P:P

Blimey TT can't believe we all missed Bronco Layne.

No ones mentioned Cheyenne Body , have they ?

I mentioned Cheyenne, when starting the thread.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 13:28 ----------

Horton was the original advance scout of the wagon train called Flint McCullough or something similar. Fuller replaced him on the final series.

Edited by TORONTONY