Westerns on TV 50'S and 60'swhat was your favourite

Long time ago, eh?

It sure is. To be honest you have better recall than me, for although I was certainly around, I have no recollection of some of these shows at all. I cheated :) Some of these shows are available on the internet archive site HERE

I used to like the series " Shane " with David Carradine, at that time I had long hair and the kids near where I live used to follow me asking if I was Shane, of course I said yes much to my wife's amusement.

I used to like the series " Shane " with David Carradine, at that time I had long hair and the kids near where I live used to follow me asking if I was Shane, of course I said yes much to my wife's amusement.

I only remember one western on TV starring David Carradine, early 70's called it Kung Fu and his character's name was CAINE,and he did have long hair. Maybe this is what you were thinking of as Shane and Caine sound a lot alike.

I only remember one western on TV starring David Carradine, early 70's called it Kung Fu and his character's name was CAINE,and he did have long hair. Maybe this is what you were thinking of as Shane and Caine sound a lot alike.

No it's not, I know exactly what I meant,in Kung Fu he played a character called Kwai Chang Caine, (Shane - Caine I can't believe you said that.) Shane was on T.V. In 1966

Anyone remember Four Feather Falls?A sort of cartoony type kids cowboy and his sidekick.

my childhood favourite, Tex Tucker, with his horse Rocky, dog Rusty and of course Big Chief Kalamakouya, who gave him his magic feathers for saving his grandson Makouya

No it's not, I know exactly what I meant,in Kung Fu he played a character called Kwai Chang Caine, (Shane - Caine I can't believe you said that.) Shane was on T.V. In 1966

So sorry about that, I do not remember that one at all, did it run for long?You said 1966, maybe I was too pre occupied with Wednesday's cup run and England in the World Cup, plus it was my last year as a single man, so pubs took priority over TV....lol. I am sorry if you are offended ,I never intended that at all.

So sorry about that, I do not remember that one at all, did it run for long?You said 1966, maybe I was too pre occupied with Wednesday's cup run and England in the World Cup, plus it was my last year as a single man, so pubs took priority over TV....lol. I am sorry if you are offended ,I never intended that at all.

I'm not offended in the least, the series didn't run for long but I enjoyed it as I'm not a sports lover so it was a welcome distraction from the World Cup.