Here for the Weather? 68 Immigrants found in Polish Lorries

I drove past a hand car wash place on Abbeydale the other day. A bloke (a Tory or Ukip voter no doubt) stood back admiringly as half a dozen workers washed his rather expensive car by hand. Drive down the supermarket at Sainsburys at Millhouses and immigrants are providing hand car wash services in the car park. About a dozen workers altogether.

A dozen workers replace the automated car wash services that were all the rage not so long ago. The new places no doubt frequented by plenty of Ukip and Tory voters though.

I'm sure these Tory and Ukip votes take a principled stand and only ever employer British tradesmen for work on their homes.

I drove past a hand car wash place on Abbeydale the other day. A bloke (a Tory or Ukip voter no doubt) stood back admiringly as half a dozen workers washed his rather expensive car by hand. Drive down the supermarket at Sainsburys at Millhouses and immigrants are providing hand car wash services in the car park. About a dozen workers altogether.

A dozen workers replace the automated car wash services that were all the rage not so long ago. The new places no doubt frequented by plenty of Ukip and Tory voters though.

I'm sure these Tory and Ukip votes take a principled stand and only ever employer British tradesmen for work on their homes.

Thats a pretty big assumption(as is your whole post).

Did the guy have a blue tie on?,or a union jack shirt?:hihi:

Not likely.

You have to escape from that narrow little world of yours and wake up to the real one where the Tories have improved the economy so much that immigrants risk their life to get here, where there are millions of jobs being created and no shortage of lodgings provided for immigrants by private landlords. Where the Tories do nothing to control benefits for immigrants despite having been able to, and despite having limited control of EU immigration scatter visas across the globe like confetti. Those are your beloved Tories.

They create the conditions to attract immigrants and then pretend they don't want them here while all the time, in the background, every policy encourages immigration.

What that man said. :thumbsup:

So let's get this straight? You two are claiming that the Tories (more accurately the coalition) have run the economy so well and brilliantly for the people of Britain that people from all over the world want to come here to join this nirvana of economic bliss.

Well well.

I think that deserves a banana.

---------- Post added 06-06-2015 at 00:23 ----------

It's just fantasy and invention.

Not really. These hand car wash places have sprouted up everywhere, all over the country. No secret where most of the workers come from. Nobody is seriously gonna tell me that Tory and UKIP voters don't use them :)

---------- Post added 06-06-2015 at 08:17 ----------

So let's get this straight? You two are claiming that the Tories (more accurately the coalition) have run the economy so well and brilliantly for the people of Britain that people from all over the world want to come here to join this nirvana of economic bliss.

Well well.

I think that deserves a banana.

Yes Ron, it's why people risk their lives in a back of a truck to get here. You can't deny that the economic success story, the millions of jobs being created and the ready availability of privately rented lodgings is a magnet for the world.

For non-EU citizens who don't feel like arriving in the back of a truck, they can just apply for a visa. Visas are dished out like confetti.

Been there before as well ;)

I take it this is your generic response when you can't present a counter argument.

---------- Post added 06-06-2015 at 08:25 ----------

IMHO it doesn't matter which country they are heading for, every country should contribute to helping them and every country should have a quota. It shouldn't be up to Greece or Italy to take the burden.

Helping them to make their own country safe is a more sustainable solution to their problems, allowing them to more here doesn't solve the underlying problem.

---------- Post added 06-06-2015 at 08:29 ----------

This country would collapse without immigration. Migrants have rebuilt and cleaned the UK for the last 15 years, saved our NHS, set up several profitable businesses and contributed billions to the economy. The average migrant laps our WWC indigenous folks several times when it comes to work ethic, intelligence, entrepreneurship and punctuality.

Rubbish.........

---------- Post added 06-06-2015 at 08:34 ----------

He was an over paid public sector worker and long time supporter of the Labour party.