Parking in a city, hows it work..

I am going to a city hotel soon, and you have to pay for street parking from 7am to 7pm, if you got there at 6pm, do you just pay for the one hour, and then go out at 7am the next day and put another ticket on it again, or do you have to pay for the hours that are free? :huh:

How do you expect anybody to be able to answer this without context? Unless you are talking about Sheffield, which is the getting up in the morning option, unless you are smart and park in a car park like at the Victoria Quays.

How do you expect anybody to be able to answer this without context? Unless you are talking about Sheffield, which is the getting up in the morning option, unless you are smart and park in a car park like at the Victoria Quays.

Well, its Dublin actually, so does that help you.? i thought they all worked on the same principal, whatever that is? thanks for your helpful comment by the way

I once did something similar, can't remember where.

I arrived at, say, 1700. Free parking started at 1800, ended at 0700.

Paid for 2 hours, which allowed me to park up to 0800 the next day. Other areas may vary of course.

I am going to a city hotel soon, and you have to pay for street parking from 7am to 7pm, if you got there at 6pm, do you just pay for the one hour, and then go out at 7am the next day and put another ticket on it again, or do you have to pay for the hours that are free? :huh:

You could try ringing the hotel, I'm sure that many other guests have had the same questions/problems.

Paid for 2 hours, which allowed me to park up to 0800 the next day. Other areas may vary of course.

ahhhh..i see, i suppose it saves the GF running down the street in a bath robe at 7am lol

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 21:01 ----------

You could try ringing the hotel, I'm sure that many other guests have had the same questions/problems.

the hotel said.....

Thank you for your email.

There is no private car parking at the Dergvale Hotel.

Mater Car Park is 5-7 minutes walk from the hotel (Open 24 Hours).

Public street parking is available directly outside the hotel. Fee payable

from 7am to 7pm at 2.40 Euro per hour (Monday to Saturday, Free on Sunday).

That's what we did in Warwick the other day. The hotel advised us to do it; said lots of their guests did it.