If UK leaves Europe … a warning??

Think some Tories will be quitting the party fairly soon.........

I'm sure the leadership would settle for winning an election and losing a few members.

It sure beats losing an election, your party leader, the leader of your party in Scotland and your Shadow Chancellor.

Edited by Bigthumb

Ah you clearly have NO idea at all how civil and public service pay works and senior staff's pay is published. It's in each Dept's annual report and accounts. You think we all get paid the same? Oh I wish! These are auditable and a matter of public record and available online. Hilarious! Just had a look to see what they get paid compared to us. They get more but no suprises there for me

In which post did I suggest or imply that all public sector workers get paid the same?

EU supporters like to invent reasons to justify the EU.:)

Considering that I immediately raised the point that it was NATO and not the EU and this has been acknowledged as such by the person quoted by buck, the fact that you posted this says a lot about EU detractors and invention, don't you think? :hihi:

In which post did I suggest or imply that all public sector workers get paid the same?

You certainly appear to be using the Borders Agency as some sort of hook to pin things on for some inexplicable reason best known to yourself and your statement about senior managers salaries is factually incorrect. You were also suggesting we're all highly paid. Not so and a bit of a sweeping statement.

I repeat you haven't a clue how our pay is constructed and why it's done that way.

You certainly appear to be using the Borders Agency as some sort of hook to pin things on for some inexplicable reason best known to yourself and your statement about senior managers salaries is factually incorrect. You were also suggesting we're all highly paid. Not so and a bit of a sweeping statement.

I repeat you haven't a clue how our pay is constructed and why it's done that way.

The government link I posted shows that you are incorrect and I posted the link in response to a question about why the government cut border agency staff.

The government link I posted shows that you are incorrect and I posted the link in response to a question about why the government cut border agency staff.

No loraward it doesn't. As I have told you senior civil service pay is publicly available in each Depts Annual Report and Accounts. OK you tell me how each Govt Department sets their pay. I know the answer I've been involved in pay talks and I've worked in the civil service since 1977 but you seem to think you know better.

So I'd love to know how you can use the border agency's pay as an example for the rest of the civil and public services pay deals. A wee clue just to help you out - each Dept sets their own

You made a comment about 'high' wages. Where are these high wages for the rank and file exactly?

Edited by annbaker

So I'd love to know how you can use the border agency's pay as an example for the rest of the civil and public services pay deals.

In which post do you think I used the border agency's pay as an example for the rest of the civil and public services pay deals?

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 19:38 ----------

You made a comment about 'high' wages. Where are these high wages for the rank and file exactly?

I posted the link which shows these high wages.

These so called high wages are not high in comparison to the private sector for an equivalent role in the majority of cases I think you'll find. But I repeat you clearly have no idea how civil and public sector pay is worked out. It's obvious you don't so I'd give up on this one.

Do you even have half a clue what people do for these so called 'high' wages? If so do you know what an equivalent private sector worker would get paid? I do but then I should.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 19:45 ----------

You used the border agency's pay scales as an example of 'high' pay. Your post was in response to me asking where this so called 'high' pay came from. You don;t like being answered back do you? But you are talking absolute mince and as one who supposedly gets this 'high' pay - wish my wage slip represented what you are misrepresenting - I take issue with your posting

These so called high wages are not high in comparison to the private sector for an equivalent role in the majority of cases I think you'll find. But I repeat you clearly have no idea how civil and public sector pay is worked out. It's obvious you don't so I'd give up on this one.

Do you even have half a clue what people do for these so called 'high' wages? If so do you know what an equivalent private sector worker would get paid? I do but then I should.

I posted the link which proves you wrong, so there is little point going on and on about things I haven't even said. And public sector pay for the equivalent private sector job is higher than private sector pay.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26512643

Public sector workers are paid on average 14.5% more than those in the private sector, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/11152840/Public-vs-private-sector-pay-gap-is-5000-or-a-fifth-of-earnings.html

Workers in the state sector received a fifth more than counterparts at private firms when pensions were factored in, according research published by the Institute of Fiscal Studies.

Experts said the figures indicated state staff were "on an incredibly good deal"

Edited by loraward