If UK leaves Europe … a warning??

I posted the link which proves you wrong, so there is little point going on and on about things I haven't even said. And public sector pay for the equivalent private sector job is higher than private sector pay.

Is that right? No you posted one Agency. No two get paid the same across Govt. And public sector pay is NEVER ever higher a very easily proven fact if you cared to look. I would get at least twice what I get now in the private sector. That's a fact!

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 19:48 ----------

As I said you haven't a clue. Go research your facts.

Is that right? No you posted one Agency. No two get paid the same across Govt. And public sector pay is NEVER ever higher a very easily proven fact if you cared to look. I would get at least twice what I get now in the private sector. That's a fact!

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 19:48 ----------

As I said you haven't a clue. Go research your facts.

The discussion was only about one agency but for some bizarre reason only known to yourself you want it to be about every agency.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 19:54 ----------

These so called high wages are not high in comparison to the private sector for an equivalent role in the majority of cases I think you'll find. But I repeat you clearly have no idea how civil and public sector pay is worked out. It's obvious you don't so I'd give up on this one.

Just in case you missed it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26512643

Public sector workers are paid on average 14.5% more than those in the private sector, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/11152840/Public-vs-private-sector-pay-gap-is-5000-or-a-fifth-of-earnings.html

Workers in the state sector received a fifth more than counterparts at private firms when pensions were factored in, according research published by the Institute of Fiscal Studies.

Experts said the figures indicated state staff were "on an incredibly good deal"

Give you a wee example - This isn't that dis-similar to what I do for half the money. Public sector pay higher than private - don;t think so!

http://www.michaelpage.co.uk/job-detail/commercial-procurement-manager/ref/13453479?utm_source=Indeed_CPC&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Indeed%20MPUK%20CPC%20Procurement%20SupplyC

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 19:56 ----------

Loraward you ain't gonna win this one. So just give it up and accept there are people who actually know what they're talking about. In this instance you don't - sorry but you really don't

Give you a wee example - This isn't that dis-similar to what I do for half the money. Public sector pay higher than private - don;t think so!

http://www.michaelpage.co.uk/job-detail/commercial-procurement-manager/ref/13453479?utm_source=Indeed_CPC&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Indeed%20MPUK%20CPC%20Procurement%20SupplyC

I posted the links that proves you wrong and my experience of workjing in both sectors is also evidence that you are wrong.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 19:57 ----------

Loraward you ain't gonna win this one. So just give it up and accept there are people who actually know what they're talking about. In this instance you don't - sorry but you really don't

The evidence proves that you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Where's this 14/5% I'm meant to have. I'm on less money than I was in 2009. Why? Not because I've committed any offence but because we no longer have annual pay progression (some Depts do but we don't) and my pension contributions far outstrip my 1% rise and have done year on year. This of course applies to everyone else who works in the same Govt Dept as me as well as a few others.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 20:00 ----------

I posted the links that proves you wrong and my experience of workjing in both sectors is also evidence that you are wrong.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 19:57 ----------

The evidence proves that you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

You really are a waste of space. You have no idea what you are talking about so no point talking to you. I've seen you do this with others.

To anyone else out there with a brain - don;t take this eejit's word for it. It's easy enough to check up that what I am saying is correct - just lorarward can'tbe bothered or just likes to pick arguments and let out a lot of hot air :)

Where's this 14/5% I'm meant to have. I'm on less money than I was in 2009. Why? Not because I've committed any offence but because we no longer have annual pay progression (some Depts do but we don't) and my pension contributions far outstrip my 1% rise and have done year on year. This of course applies to everyone else who works in the same Govt Dept as me as well as a few others.

What you are paid is irrelevant, its what the average pay is across each sector that determines which sector is paid the most for a given job the on average public sector employees are paid more than private sector employees for doing similar jobs.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 20:03 ----------

You really are a waste of space. You have no idea what you are talking about so no point talking to you. I've seen you do this with others.

To anyone else out there with a brain - don;t take this eejit's word for it. It's easy enough to check up that what I am saying is correct - just lorarward can'tbe bothered or just likes to pick arguments and let out a lot of hot air :)

Getting angry and abusive when you are proven wrong isn't a very attractive corrector trait.

What you are paid is irrelevant, its what the average pay is across each sector that determines which sector is paid the most for a given job the on average public sector employees are paid more than private sector employees for doing similar jobs.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 20:03 ----------

Getting angry and abusive when you are proven wrong isn't a very attractive corrector trait.

I'm not wrong and my pay is very relevant to me as it is to everyone so how dare you be so dismissive.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 20:17 ----------

And 'my sector' is a common job across all Govt depts as well as LA so your argument yet again is nonsense. Check the commercial pay rates for the border agency which you are so set on using as a benchmark. They;re less than this job so you;ve rather shot yourself in the foot! But then do you know what each grade does? No I think not

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 20:20 ----------

And as for angry - you couldn't be more wrong. I find you howlingly hilarious to be honest. It's difficult to believe someone could be so lacking in intelligence that they can't even go and simply look this up but maintain they are right.

I'd think someone who's worked there for almost 38 years might just know a wee bit more about how our pay is worked out and the differentials across different parts of the civil service than you think you do.

Edited by annbaker

I'm not wrong and my pay is very relevant to me as it is to everyone so how dare you be so dismissive.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 20:17 ----------

And 'my sector' is a common job across all Govt depts as well as LA so your argument yet again is nonsense. Check the commercial pay rates for the border agency which you are so set on using as a benchmark. They;re less than this job so you;ve rather shot yourself in the foot! But then do you know what each grade does? No I think not

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 20:20 ----------

And as for angry - you couldn't be more wrong. I find you howlingly hilarious to be honest. It's difficult to believe someone could be so lacking in intelligence that they can't even go and simply look this up but maintain they are right.

I'd think someone who's worked there for almost 38 years might just know a wee bit more about how our pay is worked out and the differentials across different parts of the civil service than you think you do.

Your pay might be relevant to you, but its irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and as absolutely nothing to do with the claim I made and proved.

Verbally abusing someone for proving you wrong is still not a very attractive corrector trait.

Hopfully you don't come into contact with the general public.

Edited by loraward

Your pay might be relevant to you, but its irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and as absolutely nothing to do with the claim I made and proved.

Verbally abusing someone for proving you wrong is still not a very attractive corrector trait.

Hopfully you don't come into contact with the general public.

You have proved absolutely nothing other than you clearly do not understand how our pay system works - something if you cared yo go and look properly you;d realise.

As for dealing with the public - I do and give a polite and effective service - even to people like you -as my appraisals and that as many of my colleagues who get berated do as well.

You have proved absolutely nothing other than you clearly do not understand how our pay system works - something if you cared yo go and look properly you;d realise.

As for dealing with the public - I do and give a polite and effective service - even to people like you -as my appraisals and that as many of my colleagues who get berated do as well.

I proved the point I made and proved the point you made was wrong, you simply ignored the evidence and resorted to abuse, you are clearly to type of person that shouldn't be working as public servant.