HELP car goes into limp mode wen go past 2000 revs?

Hi all I have a vectra 2.2 dti on a 53 plate

It sometimes struggles to start but does eventually start it drives great until you try to put your foot down for instance trying to overtake.. Then it goes into limp mode and comes up with the spanner. On dash.. Ithen stop turn the ignition off turn it back on and start the car and it's fine again once started until I put my foot down!! It's starting to worry me a bit now as I was at work yesterday and the car just wouldn't start.. So had to get a taxi home. I went and picked my car up this morning and it started but daren't use it now.. Not to even go to a garage.. Any help would be fantastic

Thanks in advance

It sometimes struggles to start but does eventually start it drives great until you try to put your foot down for instance trying to overtake.. Then it goes into limp mode and comes up with the spanner. On dash.. Ithen stop turn the ignition off turn it back on and start the car and it's fine again once started until I put my foot down!! It's starting to worry me a bit now as I was at work yesterday and the car just wouldn't start.. So had to get a taxi home. I went and picked my car up this morning and it started but daren't use it now.. Not to even go to a garage.. Any help would be fantastic

Thanks in advance

Possibly injector (s) or fuel pump but needs putting on a diagnostic machine to read codes

Forgot to mention if the car doesn't start then i pop the bonnnet and pull a clip out with a wire attached to it plug it back in and starts!! Really frustrating me!! Thanks denlin how much does he charge?

---------- Post added 07-06-2015 at 15:46 ----------

Rudds1 how much would injectors be to replace?

Edited by brookey

Forgot to mention if the car doesn't start then i pop the bonnnet and pull a clip out with a wire attached to it plug it back in and starts!! Really frustrating me!! Thanks denlin how much does he charge?

---------- Post added 07-06-2015 at 15:46 ----------

Rudds1 how much would injectors be to replace?

You need to get car on a dianostic machine before condemning injectors but they are not cheap if they have gone

It was put on a diagnostics around 3 to 4 months ago and it came up with no faults at all. Checked turbo and everything all seemed fine except for this problem!! Could we pin point numerous things or could it just be anything?

---------- Post added 07-06-2015 at 16:11 ----------

I've just looked at injectors and second hand are 23 pound each.. Or should I buy new

Thanks in advance

I've experienced very similar symptoms in the past, with my girlfriend's Citroen C3. No one could figure out what the problem was when it was put on diagnostics, presumably for the simple reason that the fault was sporadic, and the car was working when it was taken to various garages. In the end, I went and bought a new ignition coil (rail) and fitted it myself for around forty quid, having worked out that there's little that can go wrong with a more expensive set of injectors. It took about ten minutes to fit and the car's worked fine ever since (about a year ago).

Having said that, the car recently began cutting out at the most inopportune moments (overtaking, for example) which, once again, no diagnostics could find the reason.

By luck more than anything, I ended up playing around under the bonnet, whilst the engine was running, and nudged the cable that connects to the ignition rail ... the engine stopped.

I tried this a few times with the same result.

It turned out to be a faulty contact in the connector block to the ignition rail (water ingress had oxidized one of the terminals). Even a small bump (like a pothole) jarred the cable enough to cause the engine to stop. This was sorted easily (needle file, WD40 and electrical grease), and the car now works fine again.

So, personally, I'd begin with swapping the ignition rail. I was lucky enough to be able to try a brand new one with the understanding that I bought it if that was the problem, if not just return it (clean and boxed). You may be very lucky to get this sort of service though. :)