If you have a relative in the Northern General A&E now

He wasn't. He was drunk and an arsehole!

You determined this by checking his blood glucose levels and with your extensive medical knowledge?

Wasn't there a case recently where a hyperglacemic was left to die in the street because people assumed he was drunk?

---------- Post added 08-06-2015 at 12:59 ----------

B

Here in the 21st century, nurses are very highly qualified professionals. Some nurse practitioners are more qualified and have far more experience than many doctors. Doctors often ask nurses for advice and guidance such is their wealth of knowledge and experience.

Here in the 21st century I have family members who are practising nurses and friends who are doctors. I wasn't having a go at nurses and I'm not speaking entirely from a position of ignorance.

Wasn't there a case recently where a hyperglacemic was left to die in the street because people assumed he was drunk?

I remember something about a man near a bus stop in such a state, but a passer by figured it out and called the ambulance???

You determined this by checking his blood glucose levels and with your extensive medical knowledge?

---------- Post added 08-06-2015 at 12:59 ----------

Here in the 21st century I have family members who are practising nurses and friends who are doctors. I wasn't having a go at nurses and I'm not speaking entirely from a position of ignorance.

Stick to your theory. I know he was a drunk, rude, arrogant individual!

Stick to your theory. I know he was a drunk, rude, arrogant individual!

Who, despite his being an aresehole of the first degree, admittedly... still may, or may not have had a head injury, and/or been hypoglycaemic.

When my blood-sugars drop, I can appear drunk and uncooperative, when really what I need is to start to ingest some carbs/sugar stat, before I become comatose.

It's a right royal PITA, going hypo, as you feel like you've downed any amount of whisky, without the pleasure of having supped it, and because your brain is screaming for glucose, but is too confused to recognise that it is what is needed, you cannot get your head round getting the carbs inside you.

I started going hypo outside Boots a few months ago, but was quick enough to nip in there and ask for help from one of the staff before I passed out. I was able to tell her "I am diabetic and I am going hypo, please can you help me". they got me some glucose tablets and a drink and after a while, I came round to "Normal for PT" ;) . I was very grateful for their help.

In the 60s I was in Doncaster Gate hospital. They brought a vile drunk in and the nurses tried to help him, he repaid them by headbutting one and punching another.

I was in an adjoining ward and with two other recovering patients we went to help. One of the lads was a soldier who had been injured on active service in Northern Ireland. When the nurses went for help, we decided that the man was just drunk, and we decided that he should receive appropriate treatment.

We taped his hands and legs also his mouth and locked him in the downstairs broom cupboard. When he tried to kick the door we took it in turns to go down and hit him with a brush tail.

The staff were looking for him but decided that he must have discharged himself. We kept him there for 15 hours.

When we let him go he had defecated himself and was terrified. Unpleasant? yes, criminal, yes, but i bet he never assaulted another nurse.