If you have a relative in the Northern General A&E now

And he is a Kosovan in England sandals. He is shouting, swearing and being abusive to staff!!! Making it unbareable for everyone!!! Very rude. He has been warned by staff and even moved to the furthest cubicle but we can still hear him. The nurse told him to calm down and relax and said the doctor would be with him as soon as possible and she was doing everything she could, he just abused her!

The nurses are being great with my wife. There are some frail old people in here tonight, gentle old ladies who shouldn't have to listen to this!!

I feel like decking him!

So if your unlucky and you know this person. Please come and calm him down and give him some manners!

sounds like a normal shift for the staff there to me . and the staffs hands are tied on this im sorry to say .

Are you sure about this ?

---------- Post added 08-06-2015 at 09:12 ----------

Nurses have to deal with rude and abusive patients and their relatives every day of their working lives and not just in A&E. Sadly, it is a sign of the times but totally unacceptable. Abuse, either verbal or physical, towards people who are tending the sick is a disgrace.

don't mean to be funny but can we say all NHS employees not only nurses have to endure this type of abuse , verbal and physical. domestic through to consultants. ......just an observation.

don't mean to be funny but can we say all NHS employees not only nurses have to endure this type of abuse , verbal and physical. domestic through to consultants. ......just an observation.

And many other public sector workers too.

I remember something about a man near a bus stop in such a state, but a passer by figured it out and called the ambulance???

That might be what I was thinking about.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 07:29 ----------

Stick to your theory. I know he was a drunk, rude, arrogant individual!

How do you know that? You overheard two nurses (or unqualified support staff maybe) speculating that he was drunk... And he was behaving like he was (which happens to be how someone hyperglycaemic might behave).

That might be what I was thinking about.

---------- Post added 09-06-2015 at 07:29 ----------

How do you know that? You overheard two nurses (or unqualified support staff maybe) speculating that he was drunk... And he was behaving like he was (which happens to be how someone hyperglycaemic might behave).

He wouldnt have got to cubicles without his BM being checked and acted upon if abnormal. Also you keep refering to hyperglycaemia, hypoglycaemia would be a more likely explanation.

Not ALL NHS staff are dealing with the general public face to face .. so no .... not really.

This thread is specifically about nursing staff being abused in A&E - thus my original comment.

He wouldnt have got to cubicles without his BM being checked and acted upon if abnormal. Also you keep refering to hyperglycaemia, hypoglycaemia would be a more likely explanation.

The description I read mentioned hyper as being more likely. But the point is that the OP doesn't know for sure.

He's probably correct, but he can't be 100% sure about it.