Wales bans E-ciggies from indoor venues.

The Welsh Assembly has extended the smoking ban to include E-cigs, meaning E-cigs cannot be smoked in indoor public places.

Is this a smart move as recommended by the World Health Organisation until the products have been proven safe, or is it an over-reaction?

Will the rest of the UK follow suit as Wales is one of more than 40 countries to make this ban?

Let's get the facts straight here......

Wales has NOT banned the use of e-cigs in indoor public places.

The welsh assembly is considering it and may bring in a new law in 2017..... although a precise date has not been fixed.

Precisely. Some rules are downright stupid as we all know. Common sense is my main rule. :)

I think 30mph is stupid in some places but if I exceed it I expect to get done.It is no good saying I used my common sense but some jobsworthy has nicked me.

• 4 weeks later...

Public Health England current thinking on e-cigs:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/456704/McNeill-Hajek_report_authors_note_on_evidence_for_95_estimate.pdf

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 11:52 ----------

Sorry just noticed this:

In addition to the report of lipid pneumonia induced by inhaling glycerol, there are more subtle changes in surface lipids that can cause inflammation, irritation and susceptibility to infection.

Do ecig juices contain lipids? No, they contain alcohols. If Glycerol is an alcohol, how does it induce lipid pneumonia? Serious question.