Legroom and Luggage space. We need public transport.

Transport for the public should be fit for the public.

Most of the public travel with goods. Many of them have legs.

Yet on most public transport, space is allocated based upon some crazy formula that seemingly imagines only a person's head partakes in a journey.

How do we convince public transport operators to provide transport fit for the public. Transport that accommodates people with legs, shopping & luggage.

When accessing public transport do you ever have any of the following on your person?

A. Legs.

B. Shopping.

C. Luggage.

Do you think there should be space for Legs, Shopping and Luggage?

Yet on most public transport, space is allocated based upon some crazy formula that seemingly imagines only a person's head partakes in a journey.

How do we convince public transport operators to provide transport fit for the public. Transport that accommodates people with legs, shopping & luggage.

When accessing public transport do you ever have any of the following on your person?

A. Legs.

B. Shopping.

C. Luggage.

I agree.

But people with 14 arses should go with the shopping and luggage.

I am not overly tall at 6'2 yet I struggle on regular train and bus-seats because my knees are persistently jammed into the seat in front. If public transport wants me to become a regular customer than they have to start taking that sort of thing into account. A guy I played basketball with has to STAND all the way to London because he is 6'8 - how often do you think he takes the train?

I am extra small and my feet don't touch the floor of the bus when I am forced to sit on one of the sideways seats - can I complain too ?

It's not much fun being knee high to a grasshopper either !

Edited by Daven

A. Legs.

B. Shopping.

C. Luggage.

I have no problem getting 20 alpaca in the van when I go to market, yet I cannot persuade the bus driver to put in hay if I were to take the bus.

I also had no problem getting a 46 inch TV, and a small piano into the back of a large estate car, but again cannot do this on the bus. How do they expect to coax us on to public transport if they can't accomodate such basic requirements.

I have no problem getting 20 alpaca in the van when I go to market, yet I cannot persuade the bus driver to put in hay if I were to take the bus.

I also had no problem getting a 46 inch TV, and a small piano into the back of a large estate car, but again cannot do this on the bus. How do they expect to coax us on to public transport if they can't accomodate such basic requirements.

Careful, Bigthumb - some people on here will think you are serious :D

Daven, I know you are intelligent enough to realise that it is impossible to satisfy everyone - In my case, I'm SMALLER than average, so have problems reaching overhead grab handles and fixed footrests on trains/coaches. Because I have to, I accept this, and find a way round it - not difficult really.

---------- Post added 11-06-2015 at 06:28 ----------

That is great, except that it excludes this 'public' thing, doesn't it?

See my comment above.