EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

No economic forecasts. No research. No costings.
The ones I've read in French media (the serious economic/business weeklies: Les Echos, Challenges) estimate that Brexit will result in an extra million unemployed in London, very short-term :|

Not a bad thing if it does, actually, since it might (finally) bring about a correcting effect on property and living costs down south.

Though No.11 will certainly feel it :twisted:

Edited by L00b

It's as clear as mud. It surely can't have escaped you how little the EU were willing to offer to keep us in.

This is getting a bit tortuous.

UK businesses have things that EU businesses want.

EU businesses have things that UK businesses want.

Which part is difficult?

You keep saying this but you're not understanding that the UK will trade perfectly well outside the EU, just as it does right now and for the last few thousand years.

We don't trade. It isn't the UK or the EU that trades. Individual businesses trade with each other and they will carry on doing that without being in the EU.

There are lots of reasons to stay in, but fear mongering about trade isn't one of them. You've bought this trade thing hook line and sinker.

All I hear from the out campaign is different versions of - We'll be fine, it'll all work out someway or another.

We've dealt with your questions about trade and security. Is there something else that is concerning you?

You've dealt with neither. Repeatedly accusing me of scaremongering doesn't cut it.

You can start with providing some details about the impact on trade and the economy. Like I said earlier I'm happy to be persuaded.

You've dealt with neither. Repeatedly accusing me of scaremongering doesn't cut it.

You can start with providing some details about the impact on trade and the economy. Like I said earlier I'm happy to be persuaded.

You have this the wrong way around. You are the one with the so-called problems so you need to identify them, not me.

Asking "how will we trade" doesn't cut it. Let's have some specifics, else it is just scaremongering.

Go and live in Page Hall for a month.

As I said earlier it's not scaremongering. These are questions we should have answers to and they shouldn't just be dismissed.

I know the 'scaremongering' response is going to be a pretty standard one from the leave campaign but the fact remains they are not addressing the issues.

The plan is to negotiate a free trade deal and that is what we will get. The notion that the EU will seek to punish us by blocking trade is scaremongering nonsense.

Business will continue pretty much as now but there may be some tariffs to pay. I would expect the government of the day to compensate businesses in the UK (using some of the £20 billion it will save) by reducing taxes and introducing schemes and incentives to encourage investment. I confidently predict that the sky will not fall in and the world will continue turning.

The plan is to negotiate a free trade deal and that is what we will get. The notion that the EU will seek to punish us by blocking trade is scaremongering nonsense.

Business will continue pretty much as now but there may be some tariffs to pay. I would expect the government of the day to compensate businesses in the UK (using some of the £20 billion it will save) by reducing taxes and introducing schemes and incentives to encourage investment. I confidently predict that the sky will not fall in and the world will continue turning.

What about the €6.3 billion we get back from the EU, should the UK government take over those funding commitments?

Edited by JFKvsNixon

All I hear from the out campaign is different versions of - We'll be fine, it'll all work out someway or another.

That is even more the case when you look at the Stay campaign. Where are the plans for the EU dealing with the migrant crisis it has created? What are the EU survival plans in the event that surging support for nationalist/anti-EU/Anti-immigration parties results in other EU countries wanting to exit? Where are the plans for avoiding another financial Greek tragedy?

Negotiating a free trade deal is a walk in the park compared to dealing with the big issues facing the EU... which is probably why the EU appears to have an 'it'll all work out someway plan'.

---------- Post added 22-02-2016 at 10:05 ----------

What about the €6.3 billion we get back from the EU, should the UK government take over those funding commitments?

I don't see why not.