EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

The poverty and violence that Muslims are fleeing are the product of their religion and culture and it is not in the gift of the West to fix them. All we can do is stop the madness taking root in the West and if the EU states aren't going to do that then we need to be out of the EU.

You're mistaken if you believe that the West can pull up the drawbridge and live in isolation from the rest of the world.

I agree the ultimate outcome after Brexit entirely depends on the choices made during the long negotiation period that will follow. Realistically it could be 2025 before everything is done and dusted anyway.

But going back to the democracy thing, it is usual for a campaign to have some kind of manifesto, to make pledges etc... The leave campaign seems to have neglected that bit, so far.

And no I'm not arguing against democracy. Far from it.

Its note a vote for government its an in out referendum, which ever way it goes the Conservatives will still be in the driving seat, then in another 4 years we can vote for someone else if they do a bad job.

It just goes to show the level of your knowledge.
Ah, so given the question to which the above is in reply, can I therefore now understand from your attempt at wit, that the UK is less competitive than the EU?

Given that context therefore, and as I obviously lack the requisite knowledge, do you mind explaining to me how Europe has "more to lose than the UK from trade restrictions"?

Ah, so given the question to which the above is in reply, can I therefore now understand from your attempt at wit, that the UK is less competitive than the EU?

Given that context therefore, and as I obviously lack the requisite knowledge, do you mind explaining to me how Europe has "more to lose than the UK from trade restrictions"?

No. Europe exports more to the UK than we export to them. That is because the UK does not trade in isolation with Europe. Europe produces things that the UK buys, but that we could buy just as easily from other places. But the UK exports to the Commonwealth and the rest of the world.

The UK is said to have 3000,000 jobs from the trade we have with Europe. Europe has around 5000,000 jobs from the trade with the UK. The value of UK exports to Europe is much lower than the value of Europe's exports here. So who has most to lose from a trade war?

I enjoy your attempts at wit. I don't laugh at the wit but I do laugh at your attempts at it.

You're mistaken if you believe that the West can pull up the drawbridge and live in isolation from the rest of the world.

I don't advocate isolation. I advocate the West trading with other parts of the world without the free movement of people... it works just fine.

No. Europe exports more to the UK than we export to them. That is because the UK does not trade in isolation with Europe. Europe produces things that the UK buys, but that we could buy just as easily from other places. But the UK exports to the Commonwealth and the rest of the world.

The UK is said to have 3000,000 jobs from the trade we have with Europe. Europe has around 5000,000 jobs from the trade with the UK. The value of UK exports to Europe is much lower than the value of Europe's exports here. So who has most to lose from a trade war?

I enjoy your attempts at wit. I don't laugh at the wit but I do laugh at your attempts at it.

What percentage of Europe's overall trade is with the UK, and what percentage of the UK' overall s trade is with the EU countries? Wouldn't that information better help us conclude the importance of trade?

What percentage of Europe's overall trade is with the UK, and what percentage of the UK' overall s trade is with the EU countries? Wouldn't hat information better help us conclude the importance of trade?

I suppose that would depend on whether you were sat in an office in Brussels or sat in the factory in Spain that just lost the order for 200,000 Seats. But I'm sure the folk in the factory producing Nissans in Sunderland will help out with the UKs loss

I suppose that would depend on whether you were sat in an office in Brussels or sat in the factory in Spain that just lost the order for 200,000 Seats. But I'm sure the folk in the factory producing Nissans in Sunderland will help out with the UKs loss

Think I've given you the figures further up in the thread.

44% of our exports are to the EU.

3% of EU trade is with us.

55% of our imports are from the EU.