EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

These people are nauseating. So wrapped up in their own interests. They talk about standing up to populists but what about standing up to the greedy? Their arguments are based on one thing and one thing only... money. The want to stay in the EU because they think it is the least risky from a business and money making perspective.

What about the principle that non-trade related laws and policy are matters for the governments of sovereign nations and not a trade body?

What about the social and financial impact that EU membership has had on the little people?

Where is the balance? It is all about what is best for business and if ordinary people have a problem with it then that is simply a price that needs to be paid so as not to threaten the way of life of the elite? How noble.

People like them can try and dismiss the concerns and woes of little people as 'populist' but they cannot change the fact that ordinary people are going to decide this referendum. Membership of the EU that only works for the elite is unacceptable.

I have still yet to hear an argument as to why we have to surrender non-trade related powers to the EU to have a functioning EU? The argument appears to be that EU leaders want it and they have the power to inflict economic pain if we don't capitulate... so we need to capitulate. They want us to sell out sovereignty because standing up to this power grab poses a risk. That is spineless, unprincipled and dangerous.

You may have also noticed the surge of far-right parties across Europe. What happens if we abandon our sovereignty to the EU and these groups end up taking the reins? Would we comply with directives from the EU re forced repatriations or internment to tackle the growing terrorism problem? Do we collaborate because it is less risky for business?

At what point does this referendum debate turn to the matter of principles instead of just profit?

Well,these people just happen to be the entrepeneurs that create business and jobs for British people,the things that enable British people to take control of their lives with the help of the cold hard cash they earn by working for these nauseating people..........if you want to ignore what they are saying,go right ahead.

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 08:39 ----------

No, you still aren't getting this chalga. I know that it might seem a little bit complicated but there are and have always going to be other things, so just imagine everything else is exactly the same but the UK isn't in the EU.

Why wouldn't the UK government use the money that would no longer be paid into the EU to fund all the projects that receive EU funding currently, and what would they do with all the money if they don't?

Because they can find other things,such as disasters,man made or otherwise for instance,that need that money more than some local project that the EU would have been happy to fund.

Well,these people just happen to be the entrepeneurs that create business and jobs for British people,the things that enable British people to take control of their lives with the help of the cold hard cash they earn by working for these nauseating people..........if you want to ignore what they are saying,go right ahead.

You've still totally ignored my key points...

Why is it necessary to surrender non-trade related powers to the EU to have a functioning EU inside which business can thrive?

If we surrender sovereignty to the EU then what happens when the directives coming from it suddenly start conflicting with your views and principles? Will you still be arguing that we need to accept subordination if the directives coming from the EU are to intern people as part of a EU strategy for combating terrorism? Is that a price we must pay for business to avoid risk?

Right..........these business leaders for instance,when are they going to take some responsibility for themselves:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/24/brexit-would-be-abyss-uncertainty-risk-warns-eef-business-group

From the link.

“The great risk of leaving is that our country would be economically poorer. Being in the EU gives us certainty, whereas those who argue we should leave can only offer uncertainty and risk with few, if any, real tangible benefits.”

They have no evidence that the average Brit will be poorer.

The only certainty that being in the EU gives us is that we can't control our boarders, can't make our own policies, can't plan public services because we don't know how many people will come and go.

Leaving gives us certainty because we will be in control of our boarders, our elected government will be able to plan public services, and impliment policies that we vote for.

Big business won't have access to millions of people willing to work their fingers to the bone for low pay whilst living in squalor, not surprising they don't want us to leave the EU.

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 08:57 ----------

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 08:39 ----------

Because they can find other things,such as disasters,man made or otherwise for instance,that need that money more than some local project that the EU would have been happy to fund.

The thing with entrepreneurs is they will continue creating businesses and providing jobs for the British when we leave the EU. They might prefer to be in because they have access to a more cheap labour, but leaving won't stop them making money and employing people, they will just have to provide better terms of employment and pay in order to attract more British workers.

Why wouldn't the UK government use the money that would no longer be paid into the EU to fund all the projects that receive EU funding currently, and what would they do with all the money if they don't?
Help Gideon plug the national deficit, for starters ;)

In or out of the EU, I think you'll find we'll still 'all be in this together' come 2020 :twisted:

You've still totally ignored my key points...

Why is it necessary to surrender non-trade related powers to the EU to have a functioning EU inside which business can thrive?

If we surrender sovereignty to the EU then what happens when the directives coming from it suddenly start conflicting with your views and principles? Will you still be arguing that we need to accept subordination if the directives coming from the EU are to intern people as part of a EU strategy for combating terrorism? Is that a price we must pay for business to avoid risk?

They aren't my views or principles,they are the views and principles of the people in the article that I posted,so i'm not arguing anything..........these business leaders are,and since they are creating jobs in the UK,what they are saying is worth taking on board before making a decision.

I'm not for or against Brexit,I'm posting relevent articles to help people make up their minds.

They aren't my views or principles,they are the views and principles of the people in the article that I posted,so i'm not arguing anything..........these business leaders are,and since they are creating jobs in the UK,what they are saying is worth taking on board before making a decision.

I'm not for or against Brexit,I'm posting relevent articles to help people make up their minds.

On the contrary, you seem to be spreading selected propaganda in order to influence people who are planning to vote for exit in an attempt to change their minds. The fact that you choose to do this and deny it leads me to question your motives as well as doubting the validity of any of your claims.

British businesses have not been swayed by David Cameron’s attempts at renegotiating the UK’s place within the European Union, according to a new survey.

Nearly two-thirds of business leaders polled by the British Chambers of Commerce have said the Prime Minister’s progress will have no impact on how they vote in a coming referendum on Britain’s EU membership.

The organisation polled more than 2,000 of its members and found that companies are increasingly supportive of Brexit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/02/17/support-for-brexit-grows-after-business-leaders-unswayed-by-pms/

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 09:12 ----------

JML founder Mr Mills said: “If we vote to leave the EU we will be able to trade freely with the EU and have friendly co-operation. The UK will regain legal control of things like trade, tax, economic regulation and energy. We will be able to vote for people who will be able to make our own trade deals and control our own public services. I would urge everyone to get behind the Vote Leave campaign and make the case for Britain outside the EU.”.

Millionaire donors and business leaders back Vote Leave campaign to exit EU

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/09/millionaire-donors-back-cross-party-campaign-to-leave-eu

On the contrary, you seem to be spreading selected propaganda in order to influence people who are planning to vote for exit in an attempt to change their minds. The fact that you choose to do this and deny it leads me to question your motives as well as doubting the validity of any of your claims.

What motives have I got that it leads you to question?

What claims am I making that you doubt the validity of?

What propaganda am I spreading which isn't already in the public domain?

What influence have I got over people who are intending to vote?

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 09:17 ----------

British businesses have not been swayed by David Cameron’s attempts at renegotiating the UK’s place within the European Union, according to a new survey.

Nearly two-thirds of business leaders polled by the British Chambers of Commerce have said the Prime Minister’s progress will have no impact on how they vote in a coming referendum on Britain’s EU membership.

The organisation polled more than 2,000 of its members and found that companies are increasingly supportive of Brexit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/02/17/support-for-brexit-grows-after-business-leaders-unswayed-by-pms/

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 09:12 ----------

JML founder Mr Mills said: “If we vote to leave the EU we will be able to trade freely with the EU and have friendly co-operation. The UK will regain legal control of things like trade, tax, economic regulation and energy. We will be able to vote for people who will be able to make our own trade deals and control our own public services. I would urge everyone to get behind the Vote Leave campaign and make the case for Britain outside the EU.”.

Millionaire donors and business leaders back Vote Leave campaign to exit EU

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/09/millionaire-donors-back-cross-party-campaign-to-leave-eu

There you go then,we're back to the envious glances that foreigners are supposed to making over Camerons deal.........why would they be envious about a deal that many feel offers nothing and doesn't make them want to remain in the EU?

Because you write nonsense. Obviously biased nonsense, but it's still nonsense. Try this one again.

What claims am I making that you doubt the validity of?

What propaganda am I spreading which isn't already in the public domain?

What influence have I got over people who are intending to vote?

Your every post. If as you tried to claim you were simply passing on the information, that information would have some sort of balance. But it doesn't because all you are doing is selecting snippets that support remaining in the EU. I doubt you would fool our cat.