EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

They still will be able to if we leave the EU. I don't see how leaving the EU has any impact on how many non-EU illegal immigrants enter or try to enter the UK. Even in the EU currently we still have our own borders, and that will be the same if we leave.

Now if you mean EU migrants, leaving the EU will impact that because the UK could decide to refuse them entry (though this might be foolhardy, because many UK people work in EU countries).

It would make a massive difference.

Firstly the UK could control its borders as it saw fit without the need to worry about who had the right to enter or not, as technically no one without a passport would have a right.

As you said EU citizens would no longer have automatic right of abode here, nor would the influx of non EU migrants who are granted EU citizenship by the various nation states.

I don't think you quite understood my point, I was taking about the measures that are literally needed to hold back the sheer numbers of desperate refugees effectively.

We don't have any choice. The third world population is skyrocketing, we either stop them getting into europe or europe will be a third world continent in a decade.

Either we accept our fate is to have our countries destroyed or we man up and protect our borders in a manner in which effectiveness is the kpi not the 'rights' of the criminals trying to break in.

We don't have any choice. The third world population is skyrocketing, we either stop them getting into europe or europe will be a third world continent in a decade.

Either we accept our fate is to have our countries destroyed or we man up and protect our borders in a manner in which effectiveness is the kpi not the 'rights' of the criminals trying to break in.

Pushing your hyperbole to one side, there is another option open to the West, sort the problems out at their source.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

Pushing your hyperbole to one side, this is another option open to the West, sort the problems out at their source.

We tried that, it was called the Empire. They got the hump and asked us to leave. Look at the population projections for African countries - it's not going to get better, it's going to get much worse. So i'm afraid my 'hyperbole' is going to be reallity. The question is how quickly we get a grip.

Things like jailing landlords who accept illegals as tennants is a start. The current fines for employing illegals are far too low and need far more enforcement. And the 1951 treaty is no longer fit for purpose and needs binning. Making life impossible for illegals here is as if not more effective in repelling them as tough border controls.

Spot on, the population of Africa is projected to keep on rising to unsustainable levels, Nigeria to over 900 million by 2100. Even more extreme water and food shortages are inevitable. It's OK saying we have a responsibility to refugees but Europe can't absorb everyone who wants to come.

Spot on, the population of Africa is projected to keep on rising to unsustainable levels, Nigeria to over 900 million by 2100. Even more extreme water and food shortages are inevitable. It's OK saying we have a responsibility to refugees but Europe can't absorb everyone who wants to come.

I don't think that anyone has suggested that we should.